Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inconsistent data display across devices

Options
  • 02-02-2015 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭

Last Thursday (Jan 29th) I conducted two regular retail 'over the counter' transactions using my BoI Mastercard in Ireland - both in Co. Kerry to be exact.  As of last Saturday (Jan 31st) I could see these transactions listed on my BoI mobile app on my Android mobile phone but as of today (Feb 2nd) they are still not listed when I check my accounts on a laptop browser (Win 7 & Firefox) or when using the BoI tablet app on an Android tablet or an iPad.

This isn't the first time this has happened, I recall on previous occasions the data I could see for my credit card on a Windows (Laptop) browser was a day or so behind what was displayed on a mobile device so this is not a 'one-off' issue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

coylemj wrote: »
    Last Thursday (Jan 29th) I conducted two regular retail 'over the counter' transactions using my BoI Mastercard in Ireland - both in Co. Kerry to be exact.  As of last Saturday (Jan 31st) I could see these transactions listed on my BoI mobile app on my Android mobile phone but as of today (Feb 2nd) they are still not listed when I check my accounts on a laptop browser (Win 7 & Firefox) or when using the BoI tablet app on an Android tablet or an iPad.

This isn't the first time this has happened, I recall on previous occasions the data I could see for my credit card on a Windows (Laptop) browser was a day or so behind what was displayed on a mobile device so this is not a 'one-off' issue.
    Hi coylemj,

Thank you for getting in touch with us on Boards. 

We have forwarded this on to our App development team and will get back to you soon regarding this. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dimma02

I am seeing the same inconsistent here, made a payment online to my credit card but it is not showing up online as paid on 365 online (laptop) but when I check on the mobile app it is paid. 
    I rang to confirm it is paid and it is but why are the systems not synced BOI? basically Same account showing different balances whether you use mobile app or internet?
    Are they running off different platforms BOI?

Thanks for your time and hope to hear back on this.

dimma02 wrote: »
    I am seeing the same inconsistent here, made a payment online to my credit card but it is not showing up online as paid on 365 online (laptop) but when I check on the mobile app it is paid. 
    I rang to confirm it is paid and it is but why are the systems not synced BOI? basically Same account showing different balances whether you use mobile app or internet?
    Are they running off different platforms BOI?

Thanks for your time and hope to hear back on this.
    Hi dimma02,

Thanks for your post. 

We are still looking into this, and will post an update here as soon as we receive it. As always, we appreciate you taking the time to send us in this feedback. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi colyemj and Dimma09,

We have heard back from our Web Team who have advised us of the following. 

Our Web Team are aware of this difference and are working on updating this in the near future to resolve the differences. The difference in Online, tablet, and our mobile app is due to timing differences between when the data of each of these are updated. 

Please note that this does not impact on the underlying balance or transaction records for your credit card. 

You would have seen the transactions (or payment to your credit card in Dimma02’s case) on your mobile and not online as the update on the mobile app currently happens earlier than on 365 online or our tablet app. 

Transactions do not update over the weekend on the tablet app or online. Your credit card balance and transactions are updated overnight and your transactions are up to date as of the previous day. As mentioned, this will all be streamlined in the near future. 

Thanks for taking the time to post here, and I hope this clears this up for you.
    Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement