Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog transport from UK to Ireland

Options
  • 02-02-2015 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everyone

My dog will be travelling from Norway to Birmingham in march where we need to pick him up and get him to Dublin.

I want to take him by car through the crossing at Holyhead.

Does anybody know of anyone who can help us with that? companies or private persons who are used to dogs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Caramell87

Hi everyone

Our dog will be arriving in the UK in march.
    We are looking for "a man with a van" or a pet-relocation company who can help us get him from Birmingham to Dublin (through Holyhead).

Can anybody help us?
    We have a couple of quotes from companies, but they are by air and because he is large it's very expensive (1000 euros ++).

help is appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Have you no car yourself? Surely It would be cheaper to use your own car or ask a friend to bring you over and back from the ferry with the dog?

Hi Andreac,
    If only I drove and had a car that would not be an issue, but no car nor license here. hence why I am looking for help.
    My friends that drive cannot take the Friday off from work to go to wales unfortunately...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Mod note: the OP has made a couple of related enquiries on different threads, they have been merged into one thread here.
    Thanks,
    DBB

not sure that I understand what you mean....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Dublin Pet services might be able to help you

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dublin-Pet-Services/151827101575865

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Caramell87 wrote: »
    not sure that I understand what you mean....

It's not a problem op, but you resurrected an old thread about transporting dogs to Australia, which was kinda unrelated to your enquiry about getting a dog from Norway to Birmingham.
    As this new thread is presumably related to the onward journey from Birmingham to Dublin, it made more sense to merge the two queries into one thread.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

OP, when in March, as Crufts as on at the NEC in Birmingham from 5th-8th March, and there will be Irish entrants coming back over, many in dog vans, you may be lucky and get someone willing to bring your dog back, if he is passported etc, which I'm sure he is, coming in from Norway.

Hi! Yes you are right, we have posted on a few facebook pages to see whether anyone can take an extra dog with them back to Dublin, so we will see. If anybody here happens to be going to CRUFTS and has a spare seat please let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

theres also a facebook p-age called ferry dogmothers. they might be able to help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

What breed are you looking to take back?

I might know of a few people that could do this. Try this page and see how you get on. Lots of people that travel would be delighted with a few quid to take a pup back.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/121216771369103/434437280047049/?notif_t=group_activity

https://www.facebook.com/groups/408918325829174/

Thanks guys will look into that.
    Our dog is a podenco ibicenco. an ibizian hound, so he is quit tall, not big just tall.

Well if you know of anyone going that has space for a dog, please let them know that I will be more then happy to give a few quid in exchange for getting him to Dublin.

Will check out the facebook pages as well :)

Advertisement