Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

j1 visa summer Miami 2015!

Options
  • 02-02-2015 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

hi all hope things are great :)...so basically me and my brother have changed our plan to do nyc with the j1 visa this summer to go in Miami instead!!!

i have been hearing a lot of positive things about there in paticular...job wise and accommodation the usit have all avail and it seems really decent and trustworthy price wise its great too... and i was thinking with the job and accommodation sorted before going would be a wise decision to do ....anyways what i would like to know is has anyone had experience in Miami with the j1 before and also if there is any helpful advice you would recommend i would greatly appreciate it......thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

It's an awful time to be in florida - 35c and 100% humidity everyday, a long with daily storms. It is technically the low season there due to the heat and hurricanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ioc

im quite aware of that not really bothered about the weather hence ireland will be no better :P...the college stated that jobs are avail still in low season..have you been to florida before on a j1???

edit its more the culture/lifestyle and work experience im interested in plus it still will be prity warm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Nope, never on J1 - have been in Miami a few times and it was nice enough...but one hurricane was enough for me. I'm happy over on the west coast where we only have to worry about the odd earthquake.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Paul_Hacket

What kind of job are you hoping to get there? If it's anything to do with restaurant/bar/tourism work then your chances are minimal - virtually nobody goes to Miami in the summer cause the climate is hell on earth. Unless USIT are going to organize a guaranteed job for you in advance i would be very wary. I have to doubt that you really understand just how unpleasant the weather there can be from June to September.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ioc

^^^hahaha you guys are making me change my mind back to nyc now....have you experienced it going on a j1?...right now the usit are offering accommodation to miami and chicago jobs too!!!...its quite tempting apart from the bad reviews i've had on here i would have to think about again now :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 kotryna

Hey, so are you still planning to go to Miami? I just after booking tickets to Miami too... Heading on 8th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kotryna

Hey, so are you still planning to go to Miami? I just after booking tickets to Miami too... Heading on 8th June with J1 from SAYIT

Advertisement