Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Moderator Required - Yourtel Thred

Options
  • 02-02-2015 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Can someone have a look at this thread please and tell me if you see examples of good moderation or poor moderation on behalf of Slimjimmc and Dudara. If you have ties to these two moderators and can't be unbiased then please do not bother.

boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057120156

My last post, #146, was removed. Apparently as well as not being allowed to make a politcial comment in the Consumer Affairs you are not allowed to make reference to Nazi Germany. Next you will not be able to talk about "Geography" in the weather forum or other such nonsense. The thread on Yourtel started as a Consumer Issue and slowly it took on a political slant. This is not my fault and I did not direct it that way, its how conversations tend to work! Are we expected to run off and open a thread on the political forum in case we over step the boundaries of conversation of any one forum. e.g. here is my Consumer opinion and now if you jump over to the political forum I will give my political opinion. Is that really what Dudara is suggesting?

Normally I would prefer not to make comparisons to something as distasteful and abominable as to what happend in Nazi Germany in any conversation but in this case I felt it was justified. I apologize if the use of the phrase is offensive to anyone and to offend was not my intention. I felt it was justified because strong contributors to the thread were being put down by the moderators when there was no need for this.

Here is my censored post, word for word, uncensored. No doubt its removal will be justified because it is "off thread" to the Consumer Affairs forum. We all know that every 4/5th post is off thread and rarely results in moderator sanctions.Thats the nature of the beast in a public forum. If my opinion is not wanted in these parts then have the guts to say so and I will go elsewhere. Dudara could have left my post and said nowt and let the thread continue with people informed as to the lay of the land of the thread but yet again he/she has let his/her own bias cloud his/her judgement because he/she does not agree with the opinions of certain posters. Newsflash Dudara, these forums are not created so you can push your opinions by censoring opinions of others that you disagree with.
    I thought this was a public forum where people were free to express their views as they saw fit (within the rules). This issue has a political aspect to it so peoples replies are going to have a political slant. If you don't like a persons post then fine, if you wait long enough someone else will post a different opinion and life goes on. You don't need to get your knickers in a twist just because you didn't agree with a particular post. You also have the choice of starting your own thread on the same topic and to ask for comments to not be political, or not to be informative, or not to be intelligent, or for each comment to be a throwaway comment without research or consideration. For some unknown reason the moderators in this thread seemed intent on killing off the conversation instead of nurturing it. They are trying to harass posters who have gone to time and trouble to research before they post into leaving the conversation. Maybe they might actually like to add to the thread instead of treating people like pre-schoolers and give them red cards and bold letters for saying naughty things to teacher. In Nazi Germany they were able to do what they did because people were not allowed to question "authority". Is that really what you want here in in a "PUBLIC DISCUSSION FORUM". If people are going to be shot down everytime they voice their opinion whats the point. You guys keeps going on about forum rules when you are issuing your slaps on the wrist. Is there rules for moderators? Would you like to share them with the rest of us or prefer to keep us in the dark so that we cannnot argue with you. Do moderator rules make any mention of being fair minded and impartial perhaps? If you read the thread you will find that I and some others are not victims of this issue but feel passionate enough about it to offer advice, information, solidarity and support to the victims. We are trying to see the bigger picture. We are are trying to stop the problem and stop the addition of more victims. If this is not wanted then just say so instead of hiding behind cul de sac comments and coded "Thanks".

My 3 Cents and Srameen, you never seem to be far away when it comes to thanking moderators for their work but neither of you have made any contribution to this thread since it started 13 months ago. Do have any opinion that extends beyond a few thanks here and there and recomendations to "contact Comreg".

This post was actually started by a moderator, Sully, who has since had no further valuable input to the thread and notably had no comments to make on Slimjimmcs and Duadara interventions. How do you expect your Public Discussion Forum to prosper if you are going to censure the opinions that you disagree with and harass the people that are trying to help. Have ye not noticed that everytime you "lay down the law" the conversation dies off. Not very moderate in my opionion. Why don't you wait for or ask the "customers" of this service if they accept or reject a posters opinion before you bring your own bias to it. Why don't YOU go to PM first instead of public spankings.

Red card me , ban me, bold text me, either way I don't mind. I could win any and every argument if the rules said my opposition couldn't discuss or reply too you know.

Je suis Charlie!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Rule no 1 of boards. Don't be a dick.
    Rule no 2 of boards. Never ever ever argue or question a mod action on thread.

You broke both rules as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

When was I a dick, Ken?
    Could calling someone a dick possibly be classed as being a dick?

Rule 2, is obviously the topic of this thread and the Feedback forum, did you read my post or any part of the original thread?

Ken - Future moderator or actual moderator posing as regular user! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

When was I a dick, Ken?

Rule 2, is obviously the topic of this thread and the Feedback forum, did you read my post or any part of the original thread?

Ken - Future possible moderator or actual moderator posing as regular user!

I've followed it from the start. Accuse anyone against your view of being a moderator. This will go well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I can't get the words "nonsense" "blithering" and "absolute" out of my head right now..I wonder why..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement