Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 5 Battery Not Working Properly Anymore

• 02-02-2015 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Apologies if this has been mentionned before.

I bought an iphone 5 about 18 months ago (August 2013) and recently the battery has not been working properly at all. I had it fully charged to 100% this morning, all the apps, internet and bluetooth were off, it wasn't connected to wifi, location services off and everything, I hadn't used it since early this morning. Then I went to listen to music on my lunch hour and the battery was gone. This has happened a couple of times in the last few months and I don't know why. Does anyone else have this problem?

I bought the phone from Vodafone in August 2013 and I am not due an upgrade until August 2015 plus I want to switch networks so I'm not sure what to do

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭jay2k6ie

Apologies if this has been mentionned before.

I bought an iphone 5 about 18 months ago (August 2013) and recently the battery has not been working properly at all. I had it fully charged to 100% this morning, all the apps, internet and bluetooth were off, it wasn't connected to wifi, location services off and everything, I hadn't used it since early this morning. Then I went to listen to music on my lunch hour and the battery was gone. This has happened a couple of times in the last few months and I don't know why. Does anyone else have this problem?

I bought the phone from Vodafone in August 2013 and I am not due an upgrade until August 2015 plus I want to switch networks so I'm not sure what to do

Just needs a new battery by the sounds of it, most repair centres will do this and should cost about €40. If you would like me to recommend somewhere to you let me know and I will PM you.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭smiley_face400

jay2k6ie wrote: »
    Just needs a new battery by the sounds of it, most repair centres will do this and should cost about €40. If you would like me to recommend somewhere to you let me know and I will PM you.

Thanks jay2k6ie, I know a crowd who always do me a deal on repairs, trade ins and the like. Think I'll go down that route as I know all the battery saving tips so I know it's not that, it's just that the battery is knackered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Check if your phone falls under batt replacement program: https://www.apple.com/ie/support/iphone5-battery/
    If not then go with earlier mentioned options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Could someone PM me? I am based in Cork.

I love my IPHONE 5 - it is in perfect condition.

However the battery is gone. So if I get a new battery does that mean I'll pretty much be back to the start with new battery? Any risk with getting new battery?!

Could someone PM me? I am based in Cork.

I love my IPHONE 5 - it is in perfect condition.

However the battery is gone. So if I get a new battery does that mean I'll pretty much be back to the start with new battery? Any risk with getting new battery?!

Not risky at all getting a new battery once its from a reputable repair centre. To be honest if you're paying less than 35-40 euro I'd be questioning the quality of the battery you are receiving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

jay2k6ie wrote: »
    Not risky at all getting a new battery once its from a reputable repair centre. To be honest if you're paying less than 35-40 euro I'd be questioning the quality of the battery you are receiving.

Cheers! Stupid question but how will I know a reputable repair centre?! Should
    I pop into a PC World or something like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Anyone ever use this crowd?

http://www.fixiy.ie/iphone-5-battery-replacement-kit.html

Looking at maybe doing it myself for €21, are the batteries genuine Apple ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Davexirl wrote: »
    Anyone ever use this crowd?

http://www.fixiy.ie/iphone-5-battery-replacement-kit.html

Looking at maybe doing it myself for €21, are the batteries genuine Apple ones?
    nope only get genuine ones from apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

shanec1928 wrote: »
    nope only get genuine ones from apple.

Hi guys I have an iPhone 5, all good with except the camera has stopped working, there is damaged around it from being dropped, I think it is a hardware problem as it works sometimes if I press it into place, I'm in limerick would anyone have a reputable repair centre and what would be the ball pen figure for a despair like that?

I wouldn't risk doing it myself but that's just me. I suppose I could bring it into a compu B or iConnect store as they're the closest things to Apple stores we have over here but I'd probably end up paying through the nose for that.

Unless it starts happening again I think I'll try and stick it out until I'm due an upgrade in August.

Mehapoy: Sounds like something's become disconnected internally in the phone. Depending on how much cosmetic damage there is a repair centre may be able to repair it for you. I only mention the cosmetic(external) damage as this can sometimes make it difficult to open the casing.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't risk doing it myself but that's just me. I suppose I could bring it into a compu B or iConnect store as they're the closest things to Apple stores we have over here but I'd probably end up paying through the nose for that.

Unless it starts happening again I think I'll try and stick it out until I'm due an upgrade in August.

Mehapoy: Sounds like something's become disconnected internally in the phone. Depending on how much cosmetic damage there is a repair centre may be able to repair it for you. I only mention the cosmetic(external) damage as this can sometimes make it difficult to open the casing.

Compu B is over priced and will send your phone away for days/weeks. There are decent repair centres that don't use official Apple parts but use high quality generic batteries which are the same.

€30/40 is the going rate for a decent replacement battery. If somewhere is offering for less than this, it is likely they're using really cheap poor quality parts. Most reputable repair centres will give you a money back guarantee/warranty.

The place I go to do normally charge about €30-€40 . When I said "do me a deal" in an earlier post I just meant they normally give me a discount because I've traded in old phones there and myself and my family have gone to them for various repairs whenever needed, not that they're cheap/low quality

Advertisement