Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC HL Irish - Litríocht breise

• 02-02-2015 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

my class are doing the 5 extra poems however we are not going through them to well and am wondering if one of the other questions would be easier. I know someone that is doing Gafa and he says I only have to do the first 5 chapters. Can any reccomend me as to which one I should do and potentially where i could get notes on it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tara8

Hey I was just wondering did you do your mocks yet I am desperate for irish too :( would you be able to tell me what came up on your irish mock I do HL. btw isn't this the poetry question your talking about if so I'd say it would be best to stick to the filiocht ainmithe rather than doibg 5 extra poems for the roghnach question as there is less work to do and you can focus on the 5 poems on the syllabus in more detail and get a higher grade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tara8

Hey I was just wondering did you do your mocks yet I am desperate for irish too :( would you be able to tell me what came up on your irish mock I do HL. btw isn't this the poetry question your talking about if so I'd say it would be best to stick to the filiocht ainmithe rather than doibg 5 extra poems for the roghnach question as there is less work to do and you can focus on the 5 poems on the syllabus in more detail and get a higher grade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

tara8 wrote: »

yes i have, the whole paper is more or less posted on the mocks thread. I think you may be a bit confused here, filiocht animhithe is question 3 i believe, i am talking about question 5 which gives a choice of an triail, gafa, 5 extra poems ( caoineadh airt ui laoighaire,eicolaí, colmain). I am doing 5 extra peoms but not very interested, am wondering whether it would be better to do one of the books and if so if some could let me know where notes are to be found

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 BoyceLeaving15

Definitely do Gafa instead. I studied it in school and flew through it - got it read and learned notes within a week, very easy vocab and interesting story to follow. Another HL Irish class in our year is doing the 5 extra poems and theres uproar about it. Another interesting one is An Triail but I found Gafa more current.

Definitely do Gafa instead. I studied it in school and flew through it - got it read and learned notes within a week, very easy vocab and interesting story to follow. Another HL Irish class in our year is doing the 5 extra poems and theres uproar about it. Another interesting one is An Triail but I found Gafa more current.

im will be in colaiste sheosaimh on the mid-term and i think they are giving me notes there, however i saw 3 sample essays for a thig na tit orm so i dont know which one to pick

• Advertisement

I haven't heard of that one but Gafa was very quick to read and it's very current and topical as it's about youth violence in Ireland and can be very easy to bring in phrases from a Foréigean essay and influences from Love/Hate etc.. It's up to you of course but I totally recommend Gafa. Your teacher is mad for loading an extra 5 poems on you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

RoRo979 wrote: »
    im will be in colaiste sheosaimh on the mid-term and i think they are giving me notes there, however i saw 3 sample essays for a thig na tit orm so i dont know which one to pick

I do A Thig Ná Tit Orm. It's not too bad. The questions are limited enough in what can be asked I find. It's not exactly riveting stuff though.

she finds an triail too cynical so he just though "F**k it ill give them the poems",

Blue giant i dont really mind it being being, i plan on just learning a repeating on the day, i have sample essays on saol na scoile, saol crua and treithe. would that have me sorted?

https://www.studyclix.ie/Discuss/Leaving-Cert-Irish/A-Thig-na-Tit-Orm_c_-3-Sample-Answers - location of essays

Great site for notes, had never visited it before. As long as the sample answers aren't too specific and can be matched to pretty much any title that comes up then you're sorted. Lets not forget it's 40 marks so whatever you end up doing, just learn it inside out!

a person on the site posted them however rather than the site itself, scanned in from a book of some sort, looks good quality to me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

RoRo979 wrote: »
    she finds an triail too cynical so he just though "F**k it ill give them the poems",

Blue giant i dont really mind it being being, i plan on just learning a repeating on the day, i have sample essays on saol na scoile, saol crua and treithe. would that have me sorted?

https://www.studyclix.ie/Discuss/Leaving-Cert-Irish/A-Thig-na-Tit-Orm_c_-3-Sample-Answers - location of essays

I'm not sure. Not properly knowing the story could leave you screwed if something else came up.

Advertisement