Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for property to rent in south spain or Islands of south

Options
  • 02-02-2015 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭

I am posting in the off chance anyone has property in Spain or any of the warm Islands off spain. I don't want to spend another cold winter here in ireland. I have been renting for last ten years in Ireland and know how to appreciate and look after the property I rent. If anybody has a property they would like to rent out from October to May I would appreciate it if you could PM me.

I hope this is the correct place for this post?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭edeldonlon

Hi
    I have sent you a PM

Edel

• Site Banned Posts: 118 ✭✭browniepoints

In winter south Andulcia there are many cheaper vacant villas for rent but can be far from towns or beach so car is mandatory.Distances in Spain are huge compared to Ireland .
    Apartments in the beach side towns in winter can be got sometimes for reasonable prices .Figures fro €400 a month for 2 bed rooms are possible but rent prices are going up recently so next year might be only studio apartment for €400.
    Most online agent will rip your face charge double the price so often better to drive down to Spain go direct to agents .Irish cars can be driven is Spain for ~6 months of the year but hey are getting stricter on that so best to to not do more than 6 months in Spain if the car has high value .If the plan could exceed six months then a better plan is buy Irish car big thing with little value say €500 old merc whatever and if the Gaurdai civil the real army political police take it off you forget about it and fly home as it costs €1200 to import any car and if the cops lift it it costs often €2000 more to get it back with tow fees and storage fees .Stay with Irish insurance your third party covers you in alll Europe but your comprehensive wont work more than 3 moths as rough rule so do as most do just get third party insurance . Getting second hand Spanish cars is easy but they are stupid money compared to |Ireland unless they are new in which case they are ~30% cheaper than Ireland .New small cars can be as cheap ~€7000 but wont have aircon .

if your the social animal like the pint in the Irish pubs walking home to apartment and live without car is easy enough .train services and busses are good and cheaper than Ireland .

many people like the annual drive down they take few weeks driving back roads of France and back roads of Spain and sightseeing on the way .Both France and Spain are huge even you spent all your life in either place you will never see more than 1% of those places.
    Many who live in Spain for winter take the plane rent the apartments and stagger home with a skin full most nights with the bar a 100 meters from the apartment .

Best to figure which type you are lot to be said for the keep it simple no car fly there .Not for me most years I drive every year from either central north Europe or Ireland down to south Spain for winter or sometimes summer stays .

Some do the Carvan and the Motor Home solution but its too expensive too stressful a solution for me .

Jed

Advertisement