Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raspberry pi 2!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Is there anyway to get Acestream links to play on the Pi 2 in the various addons on Kodi? Sopcast plays fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Digidol wrote: »
    Is there anyway to get Acestream links to play on the Pi 2 in the various addons on Kodi? Sopcast plays fine.

no.
    The acestream engine doesnt have ARM support

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Just for the data ...... for instance when using Openelec it uses two partitions, one for the OS files and another for the data which is 'Storage' mounted on /flash I think. (or used to be set up like that, have not check recently)

There should be lots of info about using a USB flash drive for the data storage.

This makes a huge difference due to the read/write speed of the flash stick compared to the SD card if the SD card is the bottleneck - particularly opening the library.

EDIT
    I haven't read this but it should be what you are asking about
    http://www.htpcbeginner.com/install-openelec-on-usb-stick-raspberry-pi/

Im only getting around to getting a usb key for this now, any idea if i should be looking at a usb3 key (knowing that the pi2 doesnt have usb 3 but for the keys fast speed)

Any previous experiences on what make/brand usb keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Access wrote: »
    Im only getting around to getting a usb key for this now, any idea if i should be looking at a usb3 key (knowing that the pi2 doesnt have usb 3 but for the keys fast speed)

Any previous experiences on what make/brand usb keys?

It is the speed of the read/write of the specific device that matters most, IMO.
    I have seen claims that USB3 work faster even when connected to USB2 sockets.
    I have one USB3 device here and it is noticeably slower in a USB2 connector than any of the USB2 devices I have.

So I cannot answer, sorry ..... but some of the dedicated R-Pi forums should have information about which devices worked best for users.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

My Pi2 arrived on Monday. Absolutely amazed with it - performance is on par with my NUC. Using it with OpenElec for LiveTV, streaming over 5Ghz wireless, and it plays 1080p content without issue.

Had issue initially with low power warning but that turned out to be just a bad micro usb cable, swapped it out and working flawless since. Will do more testing in coming days but so far, am impressed by performance, and the price!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

My Pi2 arrived on Monday. Absolutely amazed with it - performance is on par with my NUC. Using it with OpenElec for LiveTV, streaming over 5Ghz wireless, and it plays 1080p content without issue.

Had issue initially with low power warning but that turned out to be just a bad micro usb cable, swapped it out and working flawless since. Will do more testing in coming days but so far, am impressed by performance, and the price!!

out of curiosity what wireless dongle are you using, as the one i have isnt great.

scary wrote: »
    out of curiosity what wireless dongle are you using, as the one i have isnt great.

Asus N53

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Which would be better for running Kodi Openelec or OSCM(RASPBMC) ?

will56 wrote: »

not tried OSCM, OpenElec works fine for me

will56 wrote: »

Ive tried the two previously, openelec wins hands down in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Ive tried the two previously, openelec wins hands down in my opinion.

Set up openelec today on the pi. I think i prefer the added configuration options that are available with openelec.Need to do more testing to really compare the two.

I replaced the class 4 transend micro sd that i was using in the RPi2 with a Sandisk class 10 micro sd card.

What a difference - I should have waited until the class 10 arrived in the first place.

Its as fast a my sitting room HTPC. No Lag with menus and add ons load quick. Am well impressed with it.

Running openelec 5.0.7 and very happy with it. I was going to transfer the media data to an attached usb key on the pi2 as previously mentioned but no need for it now i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I replaced the class 4 transend micro sd that i was using in the RPi2 with a Sandisk class 10 micro sd card.

What a difference - I should have waited until the class 10 arrived in the first place.

Its as fast a my sitting room HTPC. No Lag with menus and add ons load quick. Am well impressed with it.

Running openelec 5.0.7 and very happy with it. I was going to transfer the media data to an attached usb key on the pi2 as previously mentioned but no need for it now i reckon.

Great that the new card sorted it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Just seen on the pihut Model C has been released.

2GB Ram and Octocore

http://thepihut.com/products/raspberry-pi-model-c

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Just seen on the pihut Model C has been released.

2GB Ram and Octocore

http://thepihut.com/products/raspberry-pi-model-c

April fool ?

April fool ?

Definitely, read the links :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Newtown90

April fool ?

This makes me sad :( not awake enough yet to cop that ha.

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    This makes me sad :( not awake enough yet to cop that ha.

Took me a few minutes for it to click as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

How is the new Pi with lossless Blu-ray MKV rips? I have a couple of the old Pi's and they are brutal trying to play a 30Gb MKV (over Ethernet from my Win7 fileserver). Can the new Pi's handle it?

Advertisement