Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Camera lens ??

• 02-02-2015 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I have just taken up photography I have a Cannon EOS 1200 D with a efs 18-55mm lens. I want to get a lens with a longer zoom can anyone recommend one please ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Alltherage

Depends on your budget really, you could probably pickup one of the older non VC Tamron 70-300s at about €100, cheaper if second hand. I think the canon 55-250 IS is probably next up the pecking order in at about €230, Tamron and Canon both have newer more expensive 70-300s but I hear the image quality isn't up to much compared to the 55-250. No personal experience with either of them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 086.but

That`s a great help I will look into those thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

086.but wrote: »
    Hi I have just taken up photography I have a Cannon EOS 1200 D with a efs 18-55mm lens. I want to get a lens with a longer zoom can anyone recommend one please ?
    Thanks

I have the 55 - 250 I.S lens and it is an excellent lens. Good range and very good quality optics for the price. It is a very light lens also so wont take much of banging or knocks but as a lens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

It all really boils down to how much do you want to spend.

All of the recommendations above are excellent. Don't rush out and buy the first thing, do your research and ask plenty of questions. You'll learn lots along the way and that's half the fun.

Advertisement