Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Water Website Acting Funny

Options
  • 02-02-2015 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

If this has been asked already - apologies
    If this is posted in wrong forum- please move..

Ok, outside of the rights & wrongs of signing up or not, has anyone else noticed this ?
    On the online application form, I input my family details, 2 x adults & 2 x children (under 17) also that the house is the primary residence and when about to finalise before submitting form, the data I input has defaulted to 0 children & house is not primary residence.
    Even editing in final page does no good.
    I emailed IW yesterday to highlight problem and got automated reply that it could be 5 days before I get a reply.:rolleyes:
    I'm no way worried btw- just curious has it been noticed ?

Fuerte.

EDIT: Water.ie does not like Chrome or Safari Browsers. Just did it again on firefox...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I registered fine in Chrome, albeit ages ago (and the site has changed since - removing the PPS# request for one). Not good if they've regressed since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Fine on crome for me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hope it's ok to post on this oldish thread.

I've just tried logging into my water.ie account to make a change, but although the system recognises my sign-on it won't accept the password. I tried to reset it, but the page barely reacts. If I try to press ok it tells me the request has already been processed and to log in. When I do, I'm back to square one and I can't log in.

Anyone in the same boat, is that website not working?

Thanks.

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

New Home wrote: »
    Hope it's ok to post on this oldish thread.

I've just tried logging into my water.ie account to make a change, but although the system recognises my sign-on it won't accept the password. I tried to reset it, but the page barely reacts. If I try to press ok it tells me the request has already been processed and to log in. When I do, I'm back to square one and I can't log in.

Anyone in the same boat, is that website not working?

Thanks.

Yes, same for me today too - was able to login this morning, but this afternoon my password didn't work, and a password reset wouldn't work either. Customer Support on the phone can't deal with IT issues, and a chat on Twitter just gave the usual "flush your cache, try a different browser" routine. Not working on either Chrome or Safari for me

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Great, thanks for that, Spocker, 'good' to know I'm not the only one...

Look on the bright side, at least they didn't tell you to reboot... or did they??? Hopefully someone in IT will realise there's something wrong before long... I'll call them next week anyway.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Still not fixed today by the looks of things.

So they haven't singled me out, that's something at least... :/

Thanks for the update, pbarr.

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Password reset worked OK for me today and I can login now

Me too, thanks - I can log in but I don't see an option to change my details, email address, etc - I'm on hold with their IT/CS as I type.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Was able to log in fine there - to see that they still haven't issued a bill, when everyone else in the entire town* seems to have got one.

*I didn't ask every single person :p

• Advertisement

Me too, thanks - I can log in but I don't see an option to change my details, email address, etc - I'm on hold with their IT/CS as I type.

Seems all you can do is request a password change and you don't know whether that has worked or not.
    How did you get on when you rang them?

Actually, I was quite lucky with the password change . The page told me to check my email -usual link to confirm pwd change- and when I clicked on it it confirmed that my new pwd had been 'accepted'. The only thing is, when I logged in with my new password I could only see my bill, I had no options available to change my details anywhere.

When I rang, the lady I spoke with told me that the system had lots of glitches and that their IT was working on them flat out -which I well believe. She changed my email address over the phone, but wasn't able to tell me if the address had been 'taken' by the system or not, and if my sign on had been changed too. She got in touch with IT who told her that to make sure the new address had been accepted I could un-register my account and re-register it again with the new details, but I had no menu for that on the website and she didn't either, so she logged a call for me with IT -she couldn't find anyone available to talk to me directly- and she said they'd get back to me directly in the next few days.

Twenty minutes later and I'm more or less back to square one. The poor woman did try to help, in fairness. Imagine trying to work there, with only what feels like half the systems up and running properly... I don't envy them.

I had a similar problem with the ESB, and they just wrote to me saying:

'I can confirm that in order to change the log in User Name for your Online Account, we will have to de-register your Online Account.
    You will then need to wait for seven working days before you re-register your account using your new email address. Your new email address will then be your log in email address each time you log on.'

I have a feeling I might get a similar reply from Irish Water...

That darned online.ie domain being discontinued has caused me sooo much hassle...

Actually, I was quite lucky with the password change . The page told me to check my email -usual link to confirm pwd change- and when I clicked on it it confirmed that my new pwd had been 'accepted'. The only thing is, when I logged in with my new password I could only see my bill, I had no options available to change my details anywhere.

When I rang, the lady I spoke with told me that the system had lots of glitches and that their IT was working on them flat out -which I well believe. She changed my email address over the phone, but wasn't able to tell me if the address had been 'taken' by the system or not, and if my sign on had been changed too. She got in touch with IT who told her that to make sure the new address had been accepted I could un-register my account and re-register it again with the new details, but I had no menu for that on the website and she didn't either, so she logged a call for me with IT -she couldn't find anyone available to talk to me directly- and she said they'd get back to me directly in the next few days.

Twenty minutes later and I'm more or less back to square one. The poor woman did try to help, in fairness. Imagine trying to work there, with only what feels like half the systems up and running properly... I don't envy them.

Well I just tried it on my phone and I got logged in no bother. I haven't tried tried it on thr laptop yet though.

It's fixed

The whole thing, or just the password change?

Working fine all round today.

Can you see any menus for changing personal details, etc? I wasn't able to, up to about an hour and a half ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

same issue, registered fine but wont accept password or security question.

Earlier this morning the old password didn't work, but the function to change the password worked for me, even though I had to click on the 'change password' button twice (as opposed to double click, or to click)

That website has more bugs than an entomology department...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just logged in (after requesting a password reset) and paid my first bill. It all worked smoothly. Plus, three months of metered usage was just €25. Looks like we'll be well under the cap for a 2 person household.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I had trouble logging on and the password reset didn't work. Now a few days later I've managed to get in, but now I'm trying to pay and it won't work.

They've got to up their game if they want to avoid ill will. I don't mind paying water charges, but I do resent having to use a frustrating site that somebody was probably overpaid to build.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

boombang wrote: »
    I had trouble logging on and the password reset didn't work. Now a few days later I've managed to get in, but now I'm trying to pay and it won't work.

They've got to up their game if they want to avoid ill will. I don't mind paying water charges, but I do resent having to use a frustrating site that somebody was probably overpaid to build.

And that is what you don't mind paying for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

whiterebel wrote: »
    And that is what you don't mind paying for?

Yep, I know. I'm just saying I don't expect my water for free, but I get annoyed when the service isn't right and I'd bet they paid top dollar for junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - please leave the politics etc out of this discussion.

dudara

Just an update - they seem to have fixed whatever glitch they had on their website regarding email addresses, etc.

I was able to access my account and change my email address. This 'de-registered' my old account but all my data was kept, and the whole thing was 're-registered' once I validated the new email address/sign on by clicking on a link on an email they sent me.

I only hope this won't affect my original registration date, but I guess I'll find that out in due course.

Advertisement