Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is This For Real??

Options
  • 02-02-2015 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Dara Murphy's Breakfast for funds.

He's one of my local TD's. Since he was elected, I've not seen him around here ONCE. As far as I can see, he's done nothing for us. All he's done since getting elected is to get himself a nice little number as a foreign minister, put on weight and trot off to far-flung climes.

And now he has the brass neck to do this? Just as well the brekky's with Frances Fitzgerald, and not him. I suspect he wouldn't get many mugs takers from round here...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

While not trying to bang the very tiresome anti government drum (I'm no less satisfied with this government than any previous oned that I didn't vote in), that guy is a smug scumbag.

I guess I can't really go into detail here, but I wouldn't trust him as far as I'd throw him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

With the weight he's put on, you'd have some job...

I met him personally. And disliked him on sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I don't really get it - I'm just not going - not getting upset about it - not thinking about him at all -
    But then I don't expect my td. to be " on call" 24 7 . If a td/ minister turned up at a do - event - funeral- what ever,that they weren't really invited to, and started hand shaking ect I'd tell them to feic off -
    There's one senior Td I see on a reasonably frequent basis when I'm working in Douglas. He's plagued with people shmoozing him - I still wouldn't vote for him though - (even if I was in his constituency :-) )
    I'll bet yr man holds constituency clinics( that no one goes to - )

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

You have to make an appointment to see Dara. AFAIK, he doesn't hold clinics as such. I assume this is due to his ministerial duties. But you don't have to see someone to know if they're working for you. And as far as I can see, he's done nothing for the people of North Cork City. The same could be said for Billy Kelleher and Kathleen Lynch. I'm not upset. I don't care enough for that. More amused that the only time we see him is when he's looking for votes or money. Like the rest of them, I suppose...

Two TD's did attend my MiL's removal and funeral as well as one of the local councillors. But she was very well known to them. One TD (since retired) is a family friend. But I do agree that TD's turning up willy nilly to funerals where they are not known to the family, and have no connection to them is intrusive and wrong.

The only time you might see these people is when they're on the hustings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Man of peace

He is another one of our missing minister along with good old Kathleen Lynch who made sure her husband got a nice little job along the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Jon_459

Quote "The invitation is co-signed by Fine Gael trustee Jerry Carey, whose wife Patricia was appointed to the board of training agency Solas"
    and " He said the event would be fully transparent"

Yeah - right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

Sorry, I think I'm going to be sick.

Oh, and lest we forget... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEcUBXI4ZX8

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭batnolan

This fool is in charge of Ireland's interests regarding the Transatlantic Trade Agreement

It was an embarrassment watching that clip. Dara must cringe every time he sees it! He was so poorly briefed it was awful to see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

yeah, the other day i saw an envelope with a lovely Dail logo printed on it sitting amongst my post.....addressed to "the resident"

opened it up against my better judgement to throw it in the bin only to find a beautifully crafted letter on headed paper from my local FG td (whom i haven't seen around since the last election....actually not even then) telling me roadworks in the area which were supposed to finish before christmas would be completed in February 2015, further telling me that he had it confirmed they will no longer do the one way system (which was seriously backing up traffic on a busy road) during busy times.....

i was reading this after being stuck in one way system caused traffic jam for the previous 30 minutes just trying to get home from a school run....

i put it in the bin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

How in the name of god did the people of the Northside elect this fool, if he had any shame he would hide his head over the amount of money he owes, hopefully he will be booted out in the next election.

I certainly didn't vote for him. I can tell a fake from fifty paces...

But - the money he owes was from his business that folded. It happens, and he is making attempts to pay his creditors. What I can't stomach is the fact that since he was elected, he's got as fat as a seal, and twice as useless. When the PTSB and AIB closed their branches north of the river, he and the other TD's did the square root of fcuk all. Just sat and wrung their hands. But at least the others didn't have the brass neck to charge people the princely sum of E85 to have breakfast with some nobody. Where the hell would people get the E85 from after paying their bills, the USC and the water???

They say his seat's at risk. I certainly hope he and the other useless TD's that have been elected, all get the boot and we get some fresh faces in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh dear the shame!! the shame... the only local politician I would recognise is Des Cahill who well I wouldn't be a fan, he comes across as a snob and rude and Gerry Buttimer who I must say I think is very nice...

Was is this man in a position to run anything if he cant even run his own company

Milly33 wrote: »
    Oh dear the shame!! the shame... the only local politician I would recognise is Des Cahill who well I wouldn't be a fan, he comes across as a snob and rude and Gerry Buttimer who I must say I think is very nice...

Was is this man in a position to run anything if he cant even run his own company

As far as I'm concerned, Dara couldn't run a bath! All he does is follow the party line and schmooze the right people. Perfect for being a minister...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

The breakfast of champions I mean chancers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

First red flag for this fella was when he was touring schools for Lord mayors day. He sent around glossy 4x3s for each pupil with his picture and the lyrics to three songs he wanted sing for his arrival. Still love to know how much that cost.

First red flag for this fella was when he was touring schools for Lord mayors day. He sent around glossy 4x3s for each pupil with his picture and the lyrics to three songs he wanted sing for his arrival. Still love to know how much that cost.

Did this actually happen?? :eek:

IIRC it did. Had forgotten about it. Also there was a story of texts beings sent to parents of a Northside school before the last election.

http://www.politics.ie/forum/elections/153880-school-text-parents-pupils-message-purportedly-cork-nc-candidate.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It certainly did. I was gobsmacked by the lack of self awareness and arrogance of the thing.

Maybe I shouldn't be so surprised. Sounds about right with him!!

With regard to the alleged texts - are candidates allowed to do that? I didn't think they were...

• Advertisement

Maybe I shouldn't be so surprised. Sounds about right with him!!

With regard to the alleged texts - are candidates allowed to do that? I didn't think they were...

Data protection is just one issue here....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Anyone know what business he ran?
    Constantly described as a businessman. Businessman to me means you run apple computers ,not a small shop or cafe.

Apparently, Dara ran a catering business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

Which collapsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

I
    They say his seat's at risk.

is that because of the size of his arse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Dob74 wrote: »
    Anyone know what business he ran?
    Constantly described as a businessman. Businessman to me means you run apple computers ,not a small shop or cafe.

What are the people who are running small shops or cafés then? Just playing?

evilivor wrote:

shopkeeper, cafe manager.
    ma and pop type businesses

evilivor wrote:

shopkeeper and a cafe manager?
    ma and pop business is the expression used in the states.

Does any know the name and where he was located? as a matter of interest. how could he have run up so much debt?

Dob74 wrote: »
    shopkeeper and a cafe manager?
    ma and pop business is the expression used in the states.

Does any know the name and where he was located? as a matter of interest. how could he have run up so much debt?

Easy. Business loans. Probably to either upgrade or expand his business. If they were taken in the boom, might also have been to buy property. Irrelevant really. The debt exists and he's trying to pay it off.

• Advertisement

Details of some of the debts below. Minister's salary is €120K + car allowance & paid driver. Hope most of this money is going to out of pocket creditors and not supporting a lavish existence as his expanding waste line might suggest.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/new-junior-minister-was-forced-to-pay-35000-in-tax-bills-to-revenue-30441110.html

Advertisement