Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Young farmer top up

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Pat2 wrote: »
    The partnership is two individuals so you cannot pay yourself a wage. You can agree that one partner will receive a larger share of the profits.

how do you account for when the workload is different each year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

ganmo wrote: »
    how do you account for when the workload is different each year?

The ratios or indeed the partnership agreement can be reviewed and changed anytime as far as I am aware.

My situation was simple. I work off the farm so my work is mainly admin and no more than 3 hours physical farm work. So I took the minimum % I could which was 20%. I'll be paying the high rate of tax on this so trying to keep it as low as possible. ( though its a suckler farm so need to worry about hiding profits :-) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Toplink wrote: »
    When will we know how much were getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nettleman

When will we know how much were getting?

These are meant to be based on the national average + 25% topup if within first 5 years, but there doesn't seem to be any guidance on whether the national average estimated at 250/ha is accurate for 2015 or too high or too low. There just seems to be a total shutdown of information. if there was good news for young farmers, it probably would have been announced at the ploughing where all good news gets trotted out, so nothing else to do but wait until it arrives or doesn't arrive in December. Poor way to treat new lads and lass starting out in farming imo

Nettleman wrote: »
    These are meant to be based on the national average + 25% topup if within first 5 years, but there doesn't seem to be any guidance on whether the national average estimated at 250/ha is accurate for 2015 or too high or too low. There just seems to be a total shutdown of information. if there was good news for young farmers, it probably would have been announced at the ploughing where all good news gets trotted out, so nothing else to do but wait until it arrives or doesn't arrive in December. Poor way to treat new lads and lass starting out in farming imo

It's jus the dept showing us who's boss...they tell us we've to jump and we're ment to know how high to jump where, when and how often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

I'll be hiding all farming papers from the mrs between now and then if she gets sniff of another payment before xmass she'll be looking for more than pjs and socks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Is it not €65 a hectare of a top up to a max of 50 hectares?

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Is it not €65 a hectare of a top up to a max of 50 hectares?

nobody knows!
    its ment to be
    Q.What will entitlements allocated from the National Reserve be valued at?
    A.The value of entitlements allocated from the National Reserve, and the value to which existing entitlements are increased, shall be fixed at the national average value of payment entitlements in the year of allocation.
    so we have to wait till they've calculated what everyone else is getting till they decide what we're getting. at the start it was thought to be 250/ha then by the time the deadline the talk was 170/ha so really nobody knows but they don't want to say it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

ganmo wrote: »
    nobody knows!
    its ment to be

so we have to wait till they've calculated what everyone else is getting till they decide what we're getting. at the start it was thought to be 250/ha then by the time the deadline the talk was 170/ha so really nobody knows but they don't want to say it
    I was told by my Teagasc advisor it was €64 and odd cents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭mayota

Miname wrote: »
    I was told by my Teagasc advisor it was €64 and odd cents.

There is two payments, one is a top up of €65 per hectare up to a max of 50, the other brings your payments up to the national average which I was told is 250/hectare. Everyone should get both.

mayota wrote: »
    There is two payments, one is a top up of €65 per hectare up to a max of 50, the other brings your payments up to the national average which I was told is 250/hectare. Everyone should get both.

So us poor buggers with higher than average sfp will only get the €65? I can't get a break 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭mayota

So us poor buggers with higher than average sfp will only get the €65? I can't get a break 😀

Yes, that would be my reading of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Sami23

Don't make me mad saying stuff like that. I get f**k all SFP and your boosting about your higher than average SFP and ONLY getting the 65 extra......:mad::mad::mad:

Sami23 wrote: »
    Don't make me mad saying stuff like that. I get f**k all SFP and your boosting about your higher than average SFP and ONLY getting the 65 extra......:mad::mad::mad:

+1 Sami. Farmers who got their nice SFP handed to them in 2002 and had no training courses to do to get it should keep sarcastic remarks to them selves because new farmers now having to jump through so many hoops to get a basic allocation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

mayota wrote: »
    Yes, that would be my reading of it.
    62 per ha my Tegasc adviser told me

62 per ha my Tegasc adviser told me

is that a recent number? cos that would make the national average €248/ha?

I got some info after speaking to a sound chap and he said National average is in line with previous estimates, so 171+greening=250 + 62 for topup if that applies to you. So if your in NR & YFS, it could be 312/ha but made as separate payments. their number is PH 076-1064446

They said we will be getting letters at end of this month to say whether your successful or not. [MOD-please copy to NR thread]

+1 Sami. Farmers who got their nice SFP handed to them in 2002 and had no training courses to do to get it should keep sarcastic remarks to them selves because new farmers now having to jump through so many hoops to get a basic allocation

Ah lads it was a joke. Milking here during reference years so sfp fairly modest.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Whatsdastory

Anyone else screwed that you have to start these green certs before the end of the year and not in September 2016 like we were originally told.

• Advertisement
Advertisement