Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 4s to iphone 6

• 02-02-2015 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Hi
    looking for some help to upgrade an iphone for someone else. I have never had an iphone only android and the change over was always very easy.
    Ive tried to switch an iphone 4s to an iphone 6 and i'm running into a few problems.
    I've updated the iTunes account and then connected the 6 to it as per the screen when I turn it on.
    I don't have the sim in the 6 switched over yet until I get everything right as 3 say it takes a few hours. However contacts don't come up on the 6 and if both phones are switched and someone rings the 4s the 6 also rings and take in texts even though it says no network.
    anyone any ideas please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Are they FaceTime calls and iMessages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

On the 4s go to settings-iCloud-storage and backup. Scroll down and tap backup now. You don't need iTunes to set up the 6 so just follow the prompts on screen and when you connect to wifi select restore from iCloud backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭argentum

Just want to say thanks for the help and the guidance to do this changeover.
    I now have all the contacts up and I am waiting on three to change over

Advertisement