Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level 8 interview/assessment

Options
  • 02-02-2015 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi I'm currently doing a Plc nursing course and hoping to go further in my education.ive done the cao and applied as a mature applicant but also handed in my leaving cert results from years back.although I know I have to apply for the assessment for general nursing but I also gave social studies as my 2nd choice..my question is do I sit an assessment for that also or will I be called separate for a interview

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

It depends on the college. Some might just interview you, some might do an assessment, some might do both or they may make a decision on the basis of just the application. The relevant admissions dept can tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 scoobydave

paperclip2 wrote: »
    It depends on the college. Some might just interview you, some might do an assessment, some might do both or they may make a decision on the basis of just the application. The relevant admissions dept can tell you.
    I applied for athlone IT,thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Taken from AIT's website: http://http://www.ait.ie/informationforfuturestudents/maturestudents/
    How are applications assessed?

Interviews normally form part of the selection process. Interviews are scheduled to take place during the months of April and May. Candidates are assessed on the basis of information supplied with the CAO application which can include:
    •Educational Experiences
    Evidence provided in relation to informal education, e.g. non-assessed adult education, interest/hobby courses etc.

•Relevant Life Experience
    Details of any relevant experiences gained through employment and/or volunteer work, which are relevant. Any other experiences (e.g. personal experiences, interests, activities etc.), which are relevant.

•Motivation and Interest
    Your interest in academic study. Your desire to return to learning. Your reasons for wishing to undertake this programme at AIT. Its potential contribution to your future career plans.

Some AIT undergraduate programmes require portfolio submission or aptitude testing. Any such requirements are clearly detailed in the AIT prospectus

Mature applicants who meet minimum entry requirements may also compete on the basis of their school-leaving examination results in competition with other applicants. The school-leaving examination performance of applications is scored on the basis of the applicants’ best results in not more than six individual subjects taken in the Leaving Certificate examination of any one-year.

Advertisement