Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Paint in Cork area

• 02-02-2015 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to get some paintwork done on the Mille for the Spring cleanup just to fix up some road rash and match some bodywork. My usual guy is off the radar at the moment and I'm just need some basic painting done to a decent standard.

There are no graphics or pearls to worry about or anything technical about it- I just need someone who can deliver a flat red and metallic silver to a decent finish and not cost the Earth. Recommendations appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I know you said basic but have you tried Andy Gray?

Ger Conlon resprayed a tank for me a few months ago. Can't recommend him enough. Google celtic choppers for his number. Based in five mile bridge out past the airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

blade1 wrote: »
    I know you said basic but have you tried Andy Gray?

I've mixed feelings about contacting him. He let me down a few years ago when I was getting my Blackbird fully painted. He seemed like a grand enough guy on the phone but he left me sitting at the side of the road with a van full of plastics waiting for a call that never came. I wouldn't say I wouldn't ask him but I wouldn't be going out of my way after being fcuked around like that.
    Ger Conlon resprayed a tank for me a few months ago. Can't recommend him enough. Google celtic choppers for his number. Based in five mile bridge out past the airport.

I didn't think he'd do that kind of work but I was looking on his FB page earlier and saw some awesome slabbie plastics. Both of these guys are top of the market though. I'd be happy to find a guy that would do me a cost effective job just to tidy up my hack...

cantdecide wrote: »
    I've mixed feelings about contacting him. He let me down a few years ago when I was getting my Blackbird fully painted. He seemed like a grand enough guy on the phone but he left me sitting at the side of the road with a van full of plastics waiting for a call that never came. I wouldn't say I wouldn't ask him but I wouldn't be going out of my way after being fcuked around like that.

I didn't think he'd do that kind of work but I was looking on his FB page earlier and saw some awesome slabbie plastics. Both of these guys are top of the market though. I'd be happy to find a guy that would do me a cost effective job just to tidy up my hack...

Price was very reasonable, and the job was done quickly. No messing around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dexter Bip

Grange Motorcycles in Hospital - not far from Mitchelstown. Did a cracking job a while back on tank and side panels of an old yoke I have. Painted, applied transfers and lacquered over. As good as, if not better than, the original factory finish and very reasonable price.
    Mike is the owner and a pleasure to deal with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement