Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deals in America?

• 02-02-2015 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all,

Heading to NYC this weekend for a couple of weeks. Essentially, I would like to pick up some bits while over there such as a decent helmet and shoes etc. I was hoping some of you might be able to point me in the right direction regarding shops or websites as I can get items delivered to a friend I am staying with!

Thanks for the help in advance.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Given the current strength of the dollar against the Euro I would be surprised if there were significant savings to be had at present

R&A Cycles is one place to check out, but I tend to find on high value stuff they are not particularly cheap in Euro terms, even before considering import duties and VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dantheman89

I have my dollars a while now as working within investment banking at the moment and was advised to do so before Christmas. I do also hope to get around the import duty on certain items. Thanks for the advice. I will have to take a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

If you're going for a couple of weeks, try get out of NYC when you can. I'm not sure you'll beat some of the deals you can get on CRC or Wiggle with free delivery in the ROI.

There's some pretty cool frame builders around Boston, and a good touring/rando scene towards DC and Maryland (And MA).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

Us Americans all order from PBK, CRC and Wiggle!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dantheman89

dave2pvd wrote: »

Thanks, I guess it would be as good value to buy here in Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

dave2pvd wrote: »

Got that right. UK prices are usually way below US prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I visited many US bike shops over the past few years (away from big cities) and they were always excessively expensive in comparison to here/UK.

Advertisement