Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice cream van business

Options
  • 02-02-2015 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Is there anyone here in the ice cream van business? The vans seem very expensive.
    Do you need a licence to sell ice cream?
    I know you are not aloud to park outside schools or parks as I read on the internet. Can you just drive into any housing estates and beaches? I have been looking it up and there seems to be some silly arguments as regards territory. Just looking for some insight into how it all works thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

My Dad is in the business so I know a bit. You need a specific permit to park the van anywhere and everywhere. As far as I know, if you don't have one of these permits by the end of this month, or March, you won't get one for the year so you may need to rethink it. The council put them out to tender. Not sure about driving around housing estates, I think that's open to all but as you said, there could already be a regular van(s) in the estate.

The vans are big money, as are the machines in them. I think a good few people rent vans so maybe you can rent permits too. You also need a health and safety cert.

Advertisement