Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a PC for office (mainly secretarial) work

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭FordDriver

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I need to find a suitable PC (x 5) for an office. There will be nothing hardcore, just typing / internet browsing / MS Office.

I was looking at the Optiplex 3020:
    I'd prefer to have Win 7 Pro and at least 4GB of RAM, but the more the merrier.
    Graphics & HDD size is not important.

I also want to have Office 2013 on these PC's. Not interested in Office 365, they have a local file server.

If anyone knows of any good deals to be had, please do let me know, thanks :)
    i would imagine any modern computer would be ok for the needs you specify

i had to remove your url

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

FordDriver wrote: »
    i would imagine any modern computer would be ok for the needs you specify

i had to remove your url

Yup, you're right. More of price-wise really. Wondering if I can beat the price of €411 (ex. VAT) from Dell for similar spec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Try here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

Dell are fairly overpriced

• Registered Users Posts: 65,436 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Yup, you're right. More of price-wise really. Wondering if I can beat the price of €411 (ex. VAT) from Dell for similar spec.

€400 makes it sound not too bad, but incl office home and business, shipping and VAT, we're talking €800 each here (without monitors) and that's a lot of money for a very light use machine

Look into getting refurbished PCs that have legit office (not 2013 obviously, but why would you need that?) and windows 7 on them for less than €200 each. There are some sellers on adverts that re-sell these...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

unkel wrote: »
    €400 makes it sound not too bad, but incl office home and business, shipping and VAT, we're talking €800 each here (without monitors) and that's a lot of money for a very light use machine

Look into getting refurbished PCs that have legit office (not 2013 obviously, but why would you need that?) and windows 7 on them for less than €200 each. There are some sellers on adverts that re-sell these...

Thanks for the info, good idea

• Advertisement
Advertisement