Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB revamp Open24

Options
  • 26-01-2015 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭

Over the weekend it looks like PTSB has launched a new version of its online banking - the browser based interface has changed anyway, have not checked the app yet..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

The updated site certainly looks "flashy" but I much prefer the simplicity of the old website. :(
    homer911 wrote: »
    Over the weekend it looks like PTSB has launched a new version of its online banking - the browser based interface has changed anyway, have not checked the app yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

The updated site certainly looks "flashy" but I much prefer the simplicity of the old website. :(

I've noticed that my browser now retains both my customer number and my password - I only need to enter my PAN now, which to me is a great improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 29,345 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

+1

I don't like the way the biggest figure (to which your eye is naturally drawn) is the one that includes any overdraft facility you might have (I have a few accounts, and some have o/d, others not).

Very easy to believe you've more money than you actually have at the time of checking.

Cynical me says this could lead people to mistakenly dipping into the overdraft, which is of course advantageous to the bank and not so much to the customer.

If there was an option (there isn't, I've asked) I'd opt for the main figure being the one of the money ACTUALLY in your account. Then you can start adding pending transactions and overdraft figures.

Definitely preferred the old web layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

It's a nice feature to see who has applied for a pending transaction. I have often spent money somewhere but completely forgot where it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I've noticed that my browser now retains both my customer number and my password - I only need to enter my PAN now, which to me is a great improvement

For the likes of internet banking thats a bit of a red flag to me. I'd rather type my password than have it saved in a browser.

+1 for the pending transactions, I used to hate trying to figure out where I'd spent money (yeah I could probably have been more organised!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    It's a nice feature to see who has applied for a pending transaction. I have often spent money somewhere but completely forgot where it was.

That's very handy alright. Should have been there long ago. I really like the recent transactions as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

The only thing that is annoying me at the minute is it only shows 10 transactions per page - you have to keep pressing next to flow through the pages

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I really like the new site, and the pending transactions thing is fantastic! I think the whole layout is just a bit easier on the eye, whereas the old one looked a bit like a bog-standard spreadsheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I *heart* spreadsheets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

That's strange, it is the opposite for me. The old site remembered my password and this revamped one does not.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭mark_79

Anyone having trouble logging in to it? In PTSB's infinite wisdom it seems you can only login from one computer now. If you try from a second you'll be automatically logged out but then when you go back to the original computer you are locked out of that too. All in the name of "improving security". Well its very secure now I must say, the sodding account holder can't even access his/her info.

So how about customers trying to access their accounts from work, away from home, on holiday etc.

Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

mark_79 wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble logging in to it? In PTSB's infinite wisdom it seems you can only login from one computer now. If you try from a second you'll be automatically logged out but then when you go back to the original computer you are locked out of that too. All in the name of "improving security". Well its very secure now I must say, the sodding account holder can't even access his/her info.

So how about customers trying to access their accounts from work, away from home, on holiday etc.

Idiots.

Do you mean simultaneously? If not, I can log in at home, in work or mobile without issue...

Idiots.

No problem logging in here from different computers.

jameshayes wrote: »
    Do you mean simultaneously? If not, I can log in at home, in work or mobile without issue...

Nope. Home and work.
    No problem logging in here from different computers.

Great. Looks like a twenty minute phonecall to a trained monkey is now in order then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Nope. Home and work.

Great. Looks like a twenty minute phonecall to a trained monkey is now in order then.
    No problems with multiple login devices here also

Nope. Home and work.

With an attitude like that you will get very far.

With an attitude like that you will get very far.

Not that I asked for your opinion granddad but SHOCKINGLY I didn't get very far.....

"Delete the cookies from both computers and try again" :rolleyes:

Trained monkeys? Clueless tw*ts more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

"Delete the cookies from both computers and try again"

Sounds reasonable - did you do it and did it make a difference?

Naturally. And of course it didn't. Rang them again this morning, no explanation, was issued with a new password, new six digit number, gave it an hour before logging in...oops, details are incorrect.

Try again.

Oh no, details are incorrect again.

Tried once more. Deary me. Wrong AGAIN! We've now "locked your account for security reasons".

They can go **** themselves tbh. I'll move my account across the street to Allied Irish next week :rolleyes:

Jesus, this country :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Naturally. And of course it didn't. Rang them again this morning, no explanation, was issued with a new password, new six digit number, gave it an hour before logging in...oops, details are incorrect.

Try again.

Oh no, details are incorrect again.

Tried once more. Deary me. Wrong AGAIN! We've now "locked your account for security reasons".

They can go **** themselves tbh. I'll move my account across the street to Allied Irish next week :rolleyes:

Jesus, this country :D

This country needs more people like you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I'm sure there's an easy fix to this but any idea why the login would not auto-tab to the next box in Firefox on a laptop, but works no problem in IE on the laptop and also checked it works in Firefox on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I hate the new version. Found the original easier to navigate. I'm all over the place looking for basic information that was originally right in front of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,345 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I hate the new version. Found the original easier to navigate. I'm all over the place looking for basic information that was originally right in front of me.
    Have to agree with this.

Can't get used to it at all (and I'm on it practically daily).

The older version was FAR preferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Have to agree with this.

Can't get used to it at all (and I'm on it practically daily).

The older version was FAR preferable.
    Has anyone on here used both AIB and PTSB's online services? Is the new PTSB as good as AIB? I might be forced to move current account as part of a mortgage switch, and the online services are very important to me. AIB's has so many features now that I'm wondering how others compare. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Frostybrew

Has anybody else had problems with the new layout? Or found it confusing? Or had issues with making payments.
    I'm asking as I've just tried to pay my credit card and discovered there was approximately 50 euro unpaid from my last statement, and I'm now being hit with a late fee of 7.50, along with interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Frostybrew wrote: »
    Has anybody else had problems with the new layout? Or found it confusing?

The above. The site was clearly designed with some idiots thinking they were making it look 'easier' while really making it less intuitive.

AIB isn't much better, it's original incarnation, while looking more old fashioned, was easier to navigate.

Do web programmers not learn function over style anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Frostybrew

The above. The site was clearly designed with some idiots thinking they were making it look 'easier' while really making it less intuitive.

AIB isn't much better, it's original incarnation, while looking more old fashioned, was easier to navigate.

Do web programmers not learn function over style anymore?

I doubt the new layout was designed by idiots. It was probably designed by people whose brief was to create a site that will help maximise the bank's profits, while at the same time appearing amicable to the customer.

My own experience was to try log on and pay off my card as quickly as possible, as I had regularly done with the old site. Instead I had to fumble around for several minutes trying to figure out where everything was. Because of my lack of familiarity I'm not even sure what I did on the site or where I entered the numbers, and only became aware of an error today when I found that the numbers on my statement were all over the place. The transaction I thought I had entered did not exist.

It would be interesting to see if there is a spike in late fees and interest over the coming months. I'll certainly be taking this up with the consumer protection agency. Although the numbers aren't large, if many people have been affected they will add up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

.... You couldn't figure out how to use a (very straightforward) website and you think that's an issue for the consumer protection agency....? Prepare to be laughed at.

I find the new site a huge improvement on the old; ditto for AIB's new site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

.... You couldn't figure out how to use a (very straightforward) website and you think that's an issue for the consumer protection agency....? Prepare to be laughed at.

Im struggling to see how anyone is having problems with the new site.
    A big thumbs up from me for the pending transaction section too.

• Advertisement

dobsdave wrote: »
    Im struggling to see how anyone is having problems with the new site.
    A big thumbs up from me for the pending transaction section too.

I too agree that the new site is a big improvement on the old. I didn't find it hard to navigate at all and have had no issues paying bills through it.

Advertisement