Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB revamp Open24

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,345 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    I too agree that the new site is a big improvement on the old. I didn't find it hard to navigate at all and have had no issues paying bills through it.
    I've had no problems paying bills or doing transfers on the new site - but as an almost daily logger-in to it, I MUCH preferred the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I have found the site easy to navigate and better looking than the old one. While no longer around, Dankse internet banking IMO was still far better.

Things that annoy me about PTSB:
    - having to get sent a code when I want to view my statement online or set up a new standing order. Ummmm, I've just entered 3 sets of data that are only known to me (user ID, password and then 3 digits from my code) and you still want to send me a text and then enter in more security information?
    - Not being able to transfer money directly onto my credit card - I have to ring them first to get this set up? Why???
    - Talking about credit cards, why isn't the payment made automatically credited or at least the next day. Considering it's a PTSB to PTSB transfer it should be credited that day, but it always seems to take at least 2 working days for the payment to show and be reflected on the balance available on my cc.
    - A niggly thing on the website - if I'm creating or changing a standing order or looking at direct debits, once I have finished with one, instead of taking me back to that screen, it takes me right back to the main page, so if I need to amend another standing order I have to click on that menu again and then choose standing order or direct debit. It's just an annoying little thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Ara whats all the fuss about. Different layout, same amount of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

New site is way better and easy, the only quibble I have is with their android apt, you have to enter all your open 24 details before gaining access where as with ulster bank you just need one special password.

I suppose in fairness one can never have enough security in these times even if it can be a pain sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

A few months in and the new look site is so much more user friendly than the old one, bill payments, transfers etc are all easier to do than on the old one.

My wife recently switched from BOI and she much prefers the PTSB online system.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

Completely agree with you Mel on the niggles. The text thing drives me batty.

My other niggles with PTSB are card security and cheque clearing. My card is constantly getting flagged and blocked for everyday transactions. One time it happened 6 times in 24 hours. Drives me nuts. Always great when they don't ring and you only find out about it when it's declined at Tesco and you're holding up the entire queue.

My other big frustration is the five day clear For national checks. That is ridiculous. Having worked in banks I know full well how long it takes and there is absolutely no reason for the hold other than them wanting to hang onto your money. It's maddening. 5 business days. Mental. None of the other banks do that. Really pisses me off.

Advertisement