Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Materials cost - shed wiring

Options
  • 03-02-2015 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to get a shed wired at home. I have a friend who's an electrician who'll do most of the work, but I'll do the cable-running and the prep work.

Can anyone give me a ball-park figure for the costs of the following:
    1. 60m of 3x10 swa cable
    2. 8 module fuse box
    3. A 40 amp breaker for the main house
    4. 32/40 amp switch fuse.

Cheers,
    M

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Ringing a good electrical wholesalers such as Eurosales or Kellighers would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Hi,

I need to get a shed wired at home. I have a friend who's an electrician who'll do most of the work, but I'll do the cable-running and the prep work.

Can anyone give me a ball-park figure for the costs of the following:
    1. 60m of 3x10 swa cable
    2. 8 module fuse box
    3. A 40 amp breaker for the main house
    4. 32/40 amp switch fuse.

Cheers,
    M
    Roughly about 4 to 5euro per meter of swa cable. Then 50euro should cover the rest.

Advertisement