Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horsehead in H-alpha

Options
  • 03-02-2015 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭

First test using new Atik 460ex CCD camera. Taken from backgarden in heavy light pollution with an almost full moon. This has caused some strong gradients which I haven't really tried to remove, this is just a quick process. Image is 12 600sec exposures with flats, no darks taken.

16248750369_f9dd8dfa07_c.jpgHorsehead nebula in H-alpha by Wailin..., on Flickr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Nice shot, you use lightroom to merge all the images ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Wailin

the_monkey wrote: »
    Nice shot, you use lightroom to merge all the images ?

No, nebulosity 3. You need to calibrate the images 1st (darks and flats) before stacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Wailin wrote: »
    No, nebulosity 3. You need to calibrate the images 1st (darks and flats) before stacking.

This software come with the scope ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Wailin

the_monkey wrote: »
    This software come with the scope ?

No. Deep sky stacker is another popular stacking program that is free to download. I use nebulosity (which isn't free) because I was having issues with DSS. DSS is all most people need to stack and align the images.

Advertisement