Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harry Redknapp resigns as QPR manager.

• 03-02-2015 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

Breaking on SSN now,he has resigned as manager.Not really as surprise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Not a surprise as they did little business in the window and maybe Harry feels they needed to to stay up.

Getting out while the going is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Must be because he couldnt sign Defoe for the 17th time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Has gone through the season relatively criticism free from the media despite their woeful away record. But that's hardly surprising given he's 'Arry now is it guv? I think if he was a Pepe Mel or the likes he would have been pressured out long ago.

If only he was allowed over-spend on last minute panic buys on massive weekly wages yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

He's citing a knee operation as the reason for his resignation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

he looks fairly down in the mouth about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Has to have an operation soon so won't be available for a key period in the battle to avoid relegation. That's the official story anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Minjor wrote: »

Couldn't he have just wheeled and dealed to buy a pair of crutches ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

It's his knees. Now this is a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Not that shocked the bigger shock is Lambert and Bruce are still in their jobs. QPR have been rooted to the bottom all season and doesn't have an away win I think so he deserves to go. Vastly overrated manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

If you were sick of him before just you wait for the haha funny Paddy Power ads that will be lauded by Joe.ie readers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

tastyt wrote: »
    It's his knees. Now this is a new one

The guy grates on me like no other.

Can he not just say that he doesn't think he's the right man for the job anymore, and not use some health reason?
    Why didn't he go a month ago, and let a new manager have the transfer window to do his own thing?

Cannot stand him...:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

His dog will be taking over as interim manager, with wages to be paid into an account called "Fido trading as Football Manager 2015 [League of Monaco Edition]".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

He should pack it in and become a pundit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Looks like Uncle Tony's plan worked.

Can't say that I'm disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

What a pity, hope he recovers. Seemed to be unlucky last night transfer wise.

QPR are definitely down after this so.

Hope he's back to the Premiership at some stage, good manager and a real entertainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

This beaut is tipped to replace him

sherwrnj5d.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sandra will be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Hope he's back to the Premiership at some stage, good manager and a real entertainer.

Joking, right?

rob316 wrote: »
    This beaut is tipped to replace him

Did he ever prove he was more than vaguely capable? Odd how he is on shortlists for PL vacancies so quickly into his managerial career...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Minjor wrote: »

Was it a knee-jerk reaction? Time will tell.

• Advertisement

Dickerty wrote: »
    Did he ever prove he was more than vaguely capable? Odd how he is on shortlists for PL vacancies so quickly into his managerial career...

I don't get the hate for Sherwood the bloke did fairly well at spurs while he was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

vaguely capable = hate :confused:

keano_afc wrote: »
    Joking, right?

about what

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Poor aul 'Arry. Overrated to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

What 'Arry walks out on a club leaving them in an absolute mire? But he's a top top manager. 'Triffic.

vaguely capable = hate :confused:

It just seems like some people dislike him is all. I don't think he is that bad of a manager a 51% win record at spurs and fixed the mess of the high line and the likes avb left behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,313 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Qpr are only a point from safety so a new manager could come in and get them out of trouble if he can sort the away form.

Palace in 13th are only 4 points ahead .
    If any team down there can string a bit of form together they will pull away as the bottom eight teams are all pretty rubbish,you only have to be the average of a bad bunch to stay up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

It just seems like some people dislike him is all. I don't think he is that bad of a manager a 51% win record at spurs and fixed the mess of the high line and the likes avb left behind.

AVB replaced 'Arry.

AVB replaced 'Arry.

Sherwood replaced AVB !

• Advertisement

I don't get the hate for Sherwood the bloke did fairly well at spurs while he was there.

No hate, but he only got that job as an ex Spurs star, and he didn't do anything dramatic, and was more than a little OTT occasionaly!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭obriendj

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Poor aul 'Arry. Overrated to say the least.

Overrated yes - especially by Sky and london newspapers

But not as bad as you would think. look at spurs when he took over. they were nowhere under Juande Ramos. got the team going and then kept them competing for Champions league spots. I am not a fan of his but he has done well in most clubs. The pre-madonna's at QPR must have been too much.

What I've found is that he has a personality, and Sky like him. Both of which are big no-nos on this forum but good in the real world.

Good manager, but could have been better if he had ended that season well with Bale and co.

obriendj wrote: »
    But not as bad as you would think. look at spurs when he took over. they were nowhere under Juande Ramos. got the team going and then kept them competing for Champions league spots. I am not a fan of his but he has done well in most clubs. The pre-madonna's at QPR must have been too much.

He also had Spurs playing some of the best football seen in England in years .
    They were great to watch .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Couldn't he have just wheeled and dealed to buy a top top player[/S] pair of crutches ?

FYP :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

If Tim Sherwood got the job, I think he would really get the most out of the former Spurs stars like Sandro, Caulker, Kranjcar, and maybe even get Taarabt playing again. He actually did very well at Spurs despite being given no money to bring in his own players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

He's more than likely finished. I'm pretty sure he said he was going to retire if QPR didn't win that play off final a few months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

He also had Spurs playing some of the best football seen in England in years .
    They were great to watch .

also did a great job at West Ham and Postsmouth - not liked here , but a top manager - the Spurs time was his highlight, unlucky not to get the England job.
    Its been downhill since.

For QPR not sure who will steady the ship - Pullis would have been ideal , but he's now at Brom.

For a relegation scrap not sure who would be best that might be available - Benitez or AVB perhaps ?

Yep, would be shocked if he ever managed again. No Premier League club would take him, and I'd say he can't be arsed with another spell in the Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Big job at Sky or BT for 'Arry next would be my guess.

If Tim Sherwood got the job, I think he would really get the most out of the former Spurs stars like Sandro, Caulker, Kranjcar, and maybe even get Taarabt playing again. He actually did very well at Spurs despite being given no money to bring in his own players.

I'd be looking forward to Sherwood and Joey Barton having a good punch up on the sideline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Please God no, one Redknapp is too much on TV as it bloody is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

Couldn't he have just wheeled and dealed to buy a pair of crutches ?

Did you not get the memo? He's a fackin' footbawl managa! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Imagine his resignation letter...

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Please God no, one Redknapp is too much on TV as it bloody is.

Louise would be the prefered choice

He is more ITV or BT's bag, I reckon...

Dickerty wrote: »
    He is more ITV or BT's bag, I reckon...

Sky would suit him I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

With his twitch I don't think TV will suit him, one minute he'll be looking at camera 1, next he's looking down camera 3! Producers will go nuts!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

I really dont get the hate for Harry either. Spurs fans hate him apparently, but from outside he did absolute wonders for that club. Took over when they where close to the relegation zone and turned them into a top 5 team. His West Ham side where fantastic to watch and he seems like a character too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

rossc007 wrote: »
    I really dont get the hate for Harry either. Spurs fans hate him apparently, but from outside he did absolute wonders for that club. Took over when they where close to the relegation zone and turned them into a top 5 team. His West Ham side where fantastic to watch and he seems like a character too.

not hated just disliked for taking his eye of the ball when he was 5 points off the top of the league
    look at the players he had at spurs, Roddy Collins would have managed them

a midfield of modric, parker, bale and lennon, not including king, Van de vart and a fully functioning adeyabour

and to think he almost sold bale to birmingham

Bale was sh!te for a long time after he moved to Spurs. It wasn't until Harry switched him from left back to a very advanced left wing/second striker role that Bale finally came good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement