Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEST

Options
  • 03-02-2015 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Quick question have been looking at these devices and am interested in getting one. I have gas central heating and the boiler heats both the water and then the rooms. Would nest device work with this the of boiler. 

Also I am aware there is the contract extension also if you sign up for it. If I were to move house within the contract period could I just bring the nest device with me to the new house and continue on as normal i.e.: not have to pay a termination fee basically if I continued service with EI in the new house.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi kkapp,

Thank you for your message and for your interest in Nest.

We've contacted the Home Services department on your behalf and we'll let you know as soon as we can.

If there's anything else we can help you with, do let us know.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi kkapp,

Our colleagues in the Home Services department have been in touch and advised that as long as you stay registered with Electric Ireland at the new address you wouldn't be breaking the contract. However, our contract only includes a first day installation of the Nest thermostat. While you would be able to take the Nest with you to the new property, you would have to make your own arrangements with a qualified agent to install it there.

If you've any further queries, do let us know.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Hi,
    Do you have a list of specs required for a heating system to work with Nest?
    Or a list of compatible boilers?
    I have been unable to find anything like this on the Electric Ireland website.
    Thanks
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your interest in our offer with Nest.

I forwarded your query to Home Services earlier and await a response. I will update you ASAP.

Thanks for bearing with us.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Dave,

Thanks for your patience. Our colleagues in the relevant department have confirmed that there isn't a list of boilers compatible with the Nest smart/learning thermostat, however, generally speaking, it works with both gas and oil boilers and is designed to replace a single-zone heating system.

Home Services or the installer can advise on a case-by-case basis also.

Home Services can be contacted on 1850 30 50 85 or homeservices@ electricireland.ie if you would like to explore this offer further.

Nest info on our website.

Thanks again for your interest.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement