Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing your partner on your WHV

Options
  • 03-02-2015 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I have read that you can get your partner on your IEC visa, where they get issued with a temporary one.
    How do i go about this, do i have to add them in when applying for it originally or can i add them to it before i land in Canada??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Why would you get a 2 year visa and your partner not get one? If your partner wants to work they will need their own visa!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

Certain things change, so now she can take a years sabbatical from her job and accompany me over there..... I never said she was looking to work, all I want is a temp visitor visa for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

No she can't be part of your visa in any way. She can visit as a tourist, which doesn't require a visa? That's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

She can apply for a work permit if you are working in a job with NOC 0/A/B code

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=199&t=17

Advertisement