Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand shops - Want to sell DVDs and clothes

Options
  • 03-02-2015 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was just wondering is there any shops in Cork city that would take DVDs and clothes for cash? I am trying to sell a brown leather jacket, a few other clothes items and a couple of DVDs.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

you'd only get pittance for them.
    Gamestop or CEX may take the dvds.
    done deal or adverts probably your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,032 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Yup, you'll only get pennies for them.

Bring the lot to a charity shop.

CashConverters might give you something for the DVDs but I don't know anywhere that takes clothes for cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yep tried selling lots of stuff but nope..You could try adverts but that's it really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I was just wondering is there any shops in Cork city that would take DVDs and clothes for cash? I am trying to sell a brown leather jacket, a few other clothes items and a couple of DVDs.

What dvds?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

There are a few of the cash for clothes type places around - think they pay only about 80c /kilo but my wife dropped a black bag in last week & got €5 for it...better than nothing. Used to be one in Tory Top rd, one in Shandon street & another somewhere over in Blackpool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I see that Golden Discs in Blackpool is gone and another CEX is opening there soon.

Cannot imagine Gamestop will be too pleased about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

gimmick wrote: »
    I see that Golden Discs in Blackpool is gone and another CEX is opening there soon.

Cannot imagine Gamestop will be too pleased about that.

Good, the staff in there were always incredibly rude and just not bothered.

Happy to see another CeX - prices are generally reasonable and staff are friendly/customer service good.

Advertisement