Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recess lighting, Bulb working

Options
  • 03-02-2015 5:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Hello guys,

I have a tenant who's after calling me about a lightbulb. Basically they have recess lighting in the apartment & a bulb they have bought isn't working in one of the sockets. The bulb is working in the other sockets though but not this one. Any advice what this could be

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I would buy a different bulb and try it. If no bulb works it is probably the light fixture that needs sorting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

I would buy a different bulb and try it. If no bulb works it is probably the light fixture that needs sorting.

Yes it sounds like the light fixture thats not working. Would you have any recommendations about repairing this. Is an electrician required or can anyone repair it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

No need to buy another bulb: if a bulb works in anther fitting and not this one, then it's a problem with the fitting.

Don't necessarily need an electrician, a handyman/woman may be able to fit it, and often will. But if there is a problem with the circuit, then you may need to get an electrician in.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,907 ✭✭✭✭L1011

What type of socket is it? The transformers on 12v MR16 sockets can and do fail easily

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

Yup, most likely the transformers.

F.

• Advertisement
Advertisement