Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

muck and fun wicklow?

Options
  • 03-02-2015 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Anyone on here ever dealt with muck and fun for bikes? Only asking as they seem to be the only bike shop offering finance. Are they dodgy or up to scratch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

if you google them you will find the answer........ run away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

If your looking for muck....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Just search them on biker.ie
    The general feedback is stay well away from them.

They have a nickname of duck and run.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AD!

goodlad wrote: »
    Just search them on biker.ie
    The general feedback is stay well away from them.

They have a nickname of duck and run.

^ what good lad said

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jasonob221

AD! wrote: »
    ^ what good lad said

I found a thread about them and that they were under the name planet fun before. You'd wonder how they're still in business with that kind of name they have. Thanks anyway for the replies lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I bought a new bike from them back when they were planet fun. They were known as planet scum.

Terrible place. CAB raided them one time and even seized customer bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Did you not know that muck and fun is cockney rhyming slang for

F*CKIN' RUN!!!!!!!

blade1 wrote: »
    Did you not know that muck and fun is cockney rhyming slang for

F*CKIN' RUN!!!!!!!
    I know now haha glad I didn't get anything off them now. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Went to school with the chap that runs/owns it. Dickhead of the highest order, fancied himself as a hardman, preying on other students that would'nt stand up to him. Tried it on me too, and never went near me again, it angers me that dicks like him can get away with shít like this

Went to school with the chap that runs/owns it. Dickhead of the highest order, fancied himself as a hardman, preying on other students that would'nt stand up to him. Tried it on me too, and never went near me again, it angers me that dicks like him can get away with shít like this
    It's not right that he can run a shop the way people say he does and still be in business. Seen a post on biker.ie about planet fun you'd wonder how they get away with treating people like **** and still have customers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭mossy50

PLANET SCUM pure cowboys

• Registered Users Posts: 12 David J Walsh

Reading the reviews on MUCK AND FUN is like closing the fence after the horse has bolted. I bought an electric quad for my young child and after a month the it went faulty. They wouldn't stand over it. The sooner this Country has Trading standards the better.
    My advise id AVOID at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I think it's the same on biker.ie, muck and fun have a terrible reputation in the biker community and for good reason. Were they once planet fun or something in finglas south?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Planet Fun were over between Finglas and Cabra. They were raided by the CAB in 2006 IIRC

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055094944

Muck & Fun are the same shower alright AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sean G Flanagan

Really bad experience with these guys, don't know who's giving the 5 star reviews but they must be related or delusional!!!! Bought an electric quad like David about 6 months ago didn't even get it fully charged before it ran into trouble!!! Smoke coming out of the switch for forward and reverse, rang them up and basically got laughted at, had to source parts elsewhere and sort it myself. Complete waste of time trying to get money back!! A valuable lesson learned

Ha Ha, your so right. They have as many 5 star reviews as 1 star reviews. If you look at the 5 reviews most are one off users.
    I loved the one from Sarah Murphy,
    Just got full rebuild On my Yamaha Blaster . Also race speck exhaust bought and fitted....
    "Speck" spelt the same in the review as they spell it in there ads.... wrong like everything else they do.
    Facebook reviews also switch off.
    Sean, take them to the small claims court.... They're should be a trading standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sean G Flanagan

Think small claims court would be a waste of time with these guys, and don't believe they are strangers to it!!! I threatened legal action to which I was told to work away!!! The friendliest thing in the yard was the rottweiler, and the also the most likely to sort out warranty, just wish that more people exposed them for what they are!! The number of people I've spoken to since that have had similar experiences is unreal.

Its aways the way. You only every find out afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭batman_oh

I remember going to visit the shop in Finglas when looking for a new k6 back in the day. A cultural experience! And by cultural I mean scumball hangout

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah, my mate bought a bike from them in finglas and it was comically bad. Clutch didn't work, either did the back brake or speedo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

According to their FB page it's where Conor McGregor chose to buy his ATVs.......

I saw that, facebook reviews swiched off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blaaboi

has anyone here ever brought muck and fun to small claims court?
    asking as I am having a terrible experience with this company.

how they are getting away with this stuff is beyond me, anyone thinking of dealing with these guys steer well clear wish I did some research before using them.
    you would expect to be treated fairly by any company.

I would like to know the outcome of any court action against them as I will be going that route Monday.

I will let you all know how it turns out and would appreciate other peoples experience with these cowboys!

What happened

I would have no issue taking them to Small claims court. I google them today to see if blaaboi had left them a review, their still making up there own reviews, such a joke.
    Any way blaaboi, what did you buy and what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blaaboi

I will post my experience after I take them to court.
    so far I have fond out they are not a registered company in Ireland.
    I have spoken with a guy at the company register office and he has given me some instructions.
    also a name and number of who he thinks is the company owner: 0860564657 Mr madis uudam.
    the number is not in service.
    I am waiting to find out what my options are at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 alidawes

Has anybody bought any of the 36v cobra dirt bikes from muck and fun??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

alidawes wrote: »
    Has anybody bought any of the 36v cobra dirt bikes from muck and fun??

Seriously pal, read the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 alidawes

zubair wrote: »
    Seriously pal, read the thread.

I have read the thread. But also unfortunately bought two bikes from them which turned out to be different bikes than we should of got. I’m trying to get the issues resolved but it’s like pulling teeth. He said we should of checked before taking them. Also they don’t work and he won’t stand over the warranty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

alidawes wrote:
    I have read the thread. But also unfortunately bought two bikes from them which turned out to be different bikes than we should of got. I’m trying to get the issues resolved but it’s like pulling teeth. He said we should of checked before taking them. Also they don’t work and he won’t stand over the warranty

Well I am shocked that their legendary after sales service has not been what it should. Their many many ads says they are very good for support😅.
    PS sorry for your troubles but this crowd is legendary in many ways. Just not the way you would like

Advertisement