Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

muck and fun wicklow?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Honestly, save your ink.

A court will not be interested in anonymous ramblings from the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 yogi16

Hi all. Can anyone who has been in court with owen doran and muck and fun gimme a pm? I am starting proceedings this Monday.

For anyone thinking of buying from this place, avoid at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blaaboi

@yogi16

I got refunded the majority back in the and and rightly so!
    go to the small claims, don't mind clowns who are putting doubts in your head about it.
    costs 25e and if I can do it with no help you definitely can.

its a long process but try get it into the court room at every opportunity.

don't forget the guy your dealing with is a weasel, make no agreements for them to repair or you will be let down again.

it took me 330 days to get repaid. could have been way shorter if I kept insisting on getting it into the court room.

I am sorry to hear your getting the same treatment I got, its stressful and frustrating.

Thanks for the feedback. In so much as I can I will post updates about how court proceedings are going and how doran operates. It might help someone else out hopefully!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It'll be interesting to see how it goes. They're well known in the business as complete chancers, I don't know how they're still around

• Advertisement

From looking at Muck and Fun’s Facebook page it appears there is another chap not too happy with the service he received 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Cant see anything?

aaakev wrote: »
    Cant see anything?

I was looking at the Muck and Fun Wicklow Town page.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Did they catch Conor McGregor as well or is he friendly with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 oconnorwilliam

Hi all.....I have had a brutal experience with this crowd too. @yogi16 can you pm me please as I am also lodging a claim with the small claims court and am also trying to assist another few customers who got burned by this guy. I also notice that the owner, presumably Mr Doran, removes anything that looks like a negative comment from his Facebook page and blocks the users from posting!

His Google reviews aren't exactly glowing either!

• Advertisement

@oconnorwilliam glad I could help.

Have you seen all those 5 star reviews he has posted? They are hilarious, clearly written by the same person using the same language!! We are not dealing with a genius here people!!

Update on court proceedings. We had a court date last month but the hearing was adjourned until a date in September. Will post full details when Judge makes the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blaaboi

How did it go yogi?

The matter is not 100% finalised yet. I should be able to give a full update Tuesday/Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Paullimerick

Hi all I know this maybe not the place to post this.
    But bought a buggy off the said company over a year ago.
    Will say it hasn't given any trouble till now. Need parts for it.
    It's a mudhead hammerhead 208cc.
    Having no luck getting anything from the company themselves. Does anyone know anyone else who.may be able to help with a chain and sprocket for it. Mods if ye think there is a better place for this post. Please move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Odelay

Just take the chain and sprocket into any motorcycle dealer. They will be standard sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Paullimerick

I am so said to myself if I knew a place that had part I could do with brake pads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Are this company the only ones in Ireland doing mini moto’s?

Any update?

• Advertisement

Any update?

Seems to be the only place for what I’m looking for

Seems to be the only place for what I’m looking for

Im talking about the court case,
    these guys have a bad rep

Im talking about the court case,
    these guys have a bad rep

Yeah i've discovered that, hence why i've bought nothing from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sean7367

Any updates on that court case? I bought a bike from muck and fun last weekend and the bike was advertised as “ready for fun” and was told there was no issues. The motocross bike has a crack in the swing arm (very important on a Mx bike) and issues with the gears slipping. Currently trying to resolve it with them but they don’t seem to want to call me. If this continues I’ll have to go down that route myself and I’ll be leaving bad reviews on every platform they have and my friends. Saved for that bike for a long time with my minimum wage job. Absolutely sickening they can’t get away with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Sean7367 wrote: »
    Any updates on that court case? I bought a bike from muck and fun last weekend and the bike was advertised as “ready for fun” and was told there was no issues. The motocross bike has a crack in the swing arm (very important on a Mx bike) and issues with the gears slipping. Currently trying to resolve it with them but they don’t seem to want to call me. If this continues I’ll have to go down that route myself and I’ll be leaving bad reviews on every platform they have and my friends. Saved for that bike for a long time with my minimum wage job. Absolutely sickening they can’t get away with this.

Did no one look over the bike?
    Swing arm is important and all bikes (obviously bar hard tails) first thing ya should look at is frame/swing arm for damage.
    I'm assuming you rode it given the gear slippage comment?. Could be hard to prove you didn't do it yourself just be prepared for that.
    Trailer it down to their yard and chat to them in person showing the damage?

In the days leading up to the hearing date, I was contacted by the court service who informed me that Muck and Fun would issue me a full refund as initially requested. Arrangements were then made for the return of goods and payment of refund. These arrangements were agreed by all parties concerned but needless to say this didn’t go smoothly either. I eventually received my cheque in the post well after the arranged date. As usual, all sorts of excuses were given as to why there was a delay despite an undertaking been given to the courts.

My advice to anyone experiencing difficulties is to go immediately to the small claims court. Before lodging your claim make sure you have written to Muck and Fun outlining your issues and desired resolution. Its a very slow process but its effective. It is pointless trying to negotiate with Muck and Fun. Catalog all interactions with them and make records of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sean7367

yogi16 wrote: »
    In the days leading up to the hearing date, I was contacted by the court service who informed me that Muck and Fun would issue me a full refund as initially requested. Arrangements were then made for the return of goods and payment of refund. These arrangements were agreed by all parties concerned but needless to say this didn’t go smoothly either. I eventually received my cheque in the post well after the arranged date. As usual, all sorts of excuses were given as to why there was a delay despite an undertaking been given to the courts.

My advice to anyone experiencing difficulties is to go immediately to the small claims court. Before lodging your claim make sure you have written to Muck and Fun outlining your issues and desired resolution. Its a very slow process but its effective. It is pointless trying to negotiate with Muck and Fun. Catalog all interactions with them and make records of everything.

Thanks for the reply guys. Yeah I looked over the bike but it was rushed at the same time, regardless their a registered business and they sold me a bike that wasn’t in its advertised condition so I’m protected by consumer rights warranty or not. Still no reply from them I got through to the mechanic which Owen the owner forwarded his number for whatever reason, that phone call was a complete waste of time and got no where. Their not offering to repair or any alternative, there actually not even replying. So I’m going to take it to small claims I have every bit of evidence from what’s gone on so far I even have the phone call between me and the mechanic recorded. So thanks for the information time to start this process!

Advertisement