Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Securing glasses

Options
  • 03-02-2015 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

My glasses tend to slip down my nose when I'm on a low position on the bike.
    Any on-line source for good straps to keep them up/back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Hi Ho wrote: »

Buy better glasses. Cheap ones slip from sweat. Used to really annoy me until I invested in a decent pair, no more slippage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Contact lenses FTW \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

BTH wrote: »
    Buy better glasses. Cheap ones slip from sweat. Used to really annoy me until I invested in a decent pair, no more slippage.

Surely you are not saying that the Aldi and Lidl glasses are inferior???

I echo this - the importance as well of proper shatter proof lenses. I still have the scars of getting "prototype" Rudys from CSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Hi Ho

BTH wrote: »

They are not cheap - they are bi-foculs and came from the US. But thanks for the advice anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

They are not cheap - they are bi-foculs and came from the US. But thanks for the advice anyway.

Then you need to look at changing/fixing the nose clips and grippers on the arms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Are they sunglasses or specs?

These are probably the thing you need to look out for http://store.croakies.com/croakies.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Fix and tighten the grip on the arms and nose clips

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Hi Ho

AKW wrote: »
    Are they sunglasses or specs?

These are probably the thing you need to look out for http://store.croakies.com/croakies.aspx

Thanks - that's the type of thing I'm looking for.
    They are just ordinary glasses with interchangeable lenses, but they have a little bi-focal magnifier piece at the bottom. I'm a cyclist and find these handy to read phone, use money, read the computer etc.
    I want the retainer for a more extreme Time Trial position I'm trying to shoehorn myself into - they tend to slip down in that position.
    I know, I could spend a lot on better ones but don't want to do that .

Advertisement