Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

00 fiesta engine cutting out

Options
  • 03-02-2015 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey, I'm having a problem with a 1.25 00 fiesta. The problem occurs when I have driven for only a short distance and I'm slowing down, to turn out from road or into the shop, so I'd nearly be stopped. When I press the clutch I can see the lights dim, if I come to a stop the car seems to come back to life and the lights go bright again but if it's during the day and I try to turn the car could cut out. It's as if the power steering is using too much power. As I said this problem only happens after I start the car and make a short trip, less than a mile. I've never experienced this problem at higher speeds or longer distances. It first happened about 3 years ago, thought I caused the stall, then again about 6 months later. The last while though I noticed it happen more frequently but you can control it by releasing the clutch. I'd be grateful for any advice on what might be causing this issue. I don't think it is the battery unit itself as it isn't that old and I'm pretty sure it was a different unit the very first time it happened.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Treblin

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

you need a mechanic and get it plugged into their computer to find out what faults there are. It sounds odd...could be something as simple as a coil pack I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

checking the alternator could be worth a try but I'm afraid only a mechanic could help out here

Advertisement