Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of Rats

• 03-02-2015 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask but just looking on some advice on the best way to get rid of rats. We live near a river and a train track but in 30+ years this is the first time we have had rats. I'm looking to call out a company who deals with this but just wondering is this a good idea as someone has told me the poison makes them dehydrated and they could start coming into the houses then. I have small children and the thoughts of them in the house just creeps me out

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

you out in the country? If so shooting them may be an option. Trapping is another option, you could try live traps but you will have to kill them yourself or snap traps but im not sure how effective they are really outside

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

No not in the country. Am going to ring pest control in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I personally hate poison because they crawl off & die somewhere hard to reach & the smell is awful. I also feel it is cruel. Snap traps cannot be left where other animals can access them.

I never have a rat problem because I have Borders who are great hunters. Could you borrow a good terrier?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

OP, although they were ok at one stage, like many forums this one has evolved over the years, and threads on this topic don't really fit here any more.
    If you do a forum search you will find many, many threads on the topic, so I'm going to close this thread now.
    I hope you sort out your problem :)
    Thanks,
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement