Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop pc went" Bang"

Options
  • 03-02-2015 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭

My sons desktop pc last night when bang , i when over to it to check he had turned it off,as i approached it a loud bang and flash came out of the side panel, the pc was turn off at time but was plugged in, i imagine it was the power supply unit,
    why it done this i don't know, so i would like to try another power supply unit to see if i can get it going, now i still have his old desktop in the loft ,can i take the power supply unit out of this or will connections be different? thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Maybe. From Intel P4 onwards, PSUs had an extra 4pin connector to the motherboard. Then there's the IDE/SATA power issue, but you could try it with no drives connected if so, and if not fried it should still boot to BIOS

Advertisement