Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afraid of Leaving cert

Options
  • 03-02-2015 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello guys,
    iam at the moment in a boarding school and i will do my LC next year. In our school we have to study 3 hours in the evening per day. I'am quiet good in school but i always have the feeling that I will be bad in my exam. Iam from Germany so I started with a english school system this year. I need to get a c3 in HL maths to study in Germany. So my questions are, is it normal to be afraid?

Flenix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭kapisko1PL

I did my Leaving Cert. last year and I am now in UL.

Yes it is very normal to be afraid. Just like me, you will probably end up in the toilet few times before you sit the exams hehe :D !

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Flenix

is it normal to study 3 hours per day in 5th and 6th form or is it just this school?
    And to have school on Saturday as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It's quite normal to be nervous, try not to let it get on top of you.

Evening study would be normal enough in a boarding school.

Saturday probably not so much ... do ye get a half day during the week though? Some older boarding schools would have a system where they might work a half-day Weds, have sports in the afternoon and a half-day of class on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Flenix

Yea we have sports everyday except Saturday but and 7 hours per day except Wednesday (6) and Saturday (5)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Sounds like a heavy enough schedule all right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement