Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Car Loans

Options
  • 03-02-2015 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am hoping to change cars and I have about half the price saved but can not wait to have all the cash as my current one is falling apart and I need it for work.
    I have an account with AIB and bank of Ireland but interest rates with both are around 12% which seems quiet steep!!
    Would I be better off with a personnel loan or does anyone know of the credit union or other banks? I will be borrowing about 6000/7000? I am on good wages from a steady job with pay slips so hoping that will stand to me regardless where I borrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Waynesireland

Hi, I know they can only do finance or leasing if over 10k otherwise your talking personal loan and that's prob why your rate so high. If you have graduated within past two years you will get a 3% rate reduction on pers loan with AIB.
    Credit union rates tend to be better for smaller amounts but best rates only attainable if you can put up some cash as security. Pays to shop around but if you do the match on what 7k will cost you over say 3 years at 6% and at the 12% you will see your not actually talking that much so dont get too caught up in rate, yes you def want best deal but for the amount in question I am just saying there won't be massive additional costs.
    Hope you get sorted and happy car hunting!!

Advertisement