Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Shelter Badly Needed on Ormonde Road, Kilkenny,

Options
  • 03-02-2015 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭

Bus Shelter Badly Needed on Ormonde Road, Kilkenny leaving the city.

This stop is used by all the Major Bus Companies including

Bus Eireann
    J.J.Kavanagh
    Dublin Coach

Behind this stop there is an office with a not so well maintained garden. The building houses the office of NCBI among other offices.

Part of this garden could be used for the shelter and would in no way interfere with pedestrians. I also note that there is no litter bin at this stop and many people are throwing their litter over the wall into the garden

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

The now revamped Parade would have been a better location for a bus terminal. Its more central than Ormonde Road and would have allowed buses to loop before going back onto the road proper. Just a thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

isnt their one there already?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Xenophile wrote: »
    Bus Shelter Badly Needed on Ormonde Road, Kilkenny leaving the city.

This stop is used by all the Major Bus Companies including

Bus Eireann
    J.J.Kavanagh
    Dublin Coach

Behind this stop there is an office with a not so well maintained garden. The building houses the office of NCBI among other offices.

Part of this garden could be used for the shelter and would in no way interfere with pedestrians. I also note that there is no litter bin at this stop and many people are throwing their litter over the wall into the garden

Unfortunately, you can't legislate for these idiots. If I remember correctly, there is a bin outside Ormonde college?

Bus shelters are a bit ugly to be honest and a bit of a novelty. Of the 100's of bus stops in Dublin, I doubt even 20% have bus shelters.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

The geniuses in Kilkenny Borough council or whatever it's called these days, installed a lovely bus shelter and stop down by the Market Yard...where there are no scheduled bus services whatsoever stopping...
    This is the kind of logic you are up against I'm afraid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

There's a shelter on one side outside the college, but none on the other side.

• Advertisement
Advertisement