Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of job after letter of offer has been granted

Options
  • 03-02-2015 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi
    wondering if anybody can help me! I am in my current employment 5 years and it looks promising that we will get equity released to build an extension! The only problem is that I am planning on changing jobs in the next month and they will not give the loan unless u have been in the same employment for the last two years. What's the best way around this? My new job is permanent and higher paying!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi
    wondering if anybody can help me! I am in my current employment 5 years and it looks promising that we will get equity released to build an extension! The only problem is that I am planning on changing jobs in the next month and they will not give the loan unless u have been in the same employment for the last two years. What's the best way around this? My new job is permanent and higher paying!

If you have already been approved, why not draw down the funds now while you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

There's time when saying nothing is the best option

• Registered Users Posts: 26 stressederic

I would like to do that! With equity release they release the money in instalments as work is being done! Can they ask for more updated payslips after letter of offer has been granted?

I'm worried that they might ask for updated payslips when we are getting the work done and if they see I have changed jobs they could pull the plug on the whole thing?? Could they do that???

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You will need to check the terms of the offer / contract you have with the bank. Realise that the job may not last and you may be financially exposed.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice!

Advertisement