Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isis burn pilot alive..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭cork guitar player

ISIS are horrible and barbaric but is using white phosphorous or landmines more 'humane'; less barbaric than what they do?

Their violence bad, western violence good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Boristhebeast

All civilised nations that want to end this joke of an Islamic state should contribute elite troops to an international division of soldiers dedicated to the annihilation of Islamic extremism, these soldiers should operate outside the rules of engagement and answer only to a select council chosen from the contributing nations. Operating from a permanent military base strategically placed in the middle east, these soldiers will hunt down and kill the scum without any fear of legal repercussions. Any means necessary, gloves off, call it what you will it is the only way to defeat Daesh militarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,525 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

All civilised nations that want to end this joke of an Islamic state should contribute elite troops to an international division of soldiers dedicated to the annihilation of Islamic extremism, these soldiers should operate outside the rules of engagement and answer only to a select council chosen from the contributing nations. Operating from a permanent military base strategically placed in the middle east, these soldiers will hunt down and kill the scum without any fear of legal repercussions. Any means necessary, gloves off, call it what you will it is the only way to defeat Daesh militarily.

Oh my we have a live one here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

i think what may well be unique about isis is the combination of absolute brutality and unrestrained sadism with total cynicism and a keen sense of publicity...even the ss did not send live broadcasts from the gas chambers...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Oh my we have a live one here :rolleyes:

Its like a masturbatory fantasy for Medal of Honour/Call of Duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

Cool.
    Then Hollywood could make a movie out of it.

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    i think what may well be unique about isis is the combination of absolute brutality and unrestrained sadism with total cynicism and a keen sense of publicity...even the ss did not send live broadcasts from the gas chambers...

The technology wasn't around then ;)

The technology wasn't around then ;)

radio was...as was tv in its infancy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

Anyone else reading this to the tune of the A Team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Boristhebeast

People that try and defend the actions of daesh should be stripped of their respective citizenships and express shipped out to the middle east to live with their extremist comrades

People that try and defend the actions of daesh should be stripped of their respective citizenships and express shipped out to the middle east to live with their extremist comrades

So we help with their recruitment drive?

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    radio was...as was tv in its infancy...

How do you stream live gassing of people via radio? It's gas, they didn't scream they breathed in the gas, coughed a few times and then died. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

So in essence you are establishing a facist military dictatorship operating utterly outside of the law and free to use as much force as it likes in pursuit of its goals...

My friend perhaps it is you ought to consider relocating to Daesh held territory.

Anyone else reading this to the tune of the A Team?

More like Mr Bean irl i would say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Does anyone here want the Jordanian regime charged with war crimes?

Tugboats wrote: »
    Does anyone here want the Jordan regime charged with war crimes?

Nothing to see here, move along folks...

Nothing to see here, move along folks...

Hey? They are bombing cities in Syria? Is this ok?

Why would they? Not sure where you are coming from here?

Would you be a supporter of the Jordan regime or see it as more of a hindrance to Western interests?

• Advertisement

Cool.
    Then Hollywood could make a movie out of it.

hollywood will, hollywood will...only a question of time...

Would you be a supporter of the Jordan regime or see it as more of a hindrance to Western interests?

I'm not a supporter of any regime I'm just confused why hundreds of thousands of Irish people have all of a sudden turned their back on the victims of conflict in the middle east

I'm not a supporter of any regime I'm just confused why hundreds of thousands of Irish people have all of a sudden turned their back on the victims of conflict in the middle east

Do you care about those victims?

Do you care about those victims?

I don't but i never had their back or cared in the first place. I never took part in anti war protests. The hundreds of thousands who voiced their anger over Iraq and Afghanistan now appear not to have much to say as warplanes from Jordan bombed Iraq last night and Syria this morning:confused:

I don't but i never had their back or cared in the first place. I never took part in anti war protests. The hundreds of thousands who voiced their anger over Iraq and Afghanistan now appear not to have much to say as warplanes from Jordan bombed Iraq last night and Syria this morning:confused:

You say you don't care about those victims. Fair enough but you do care a lot about the anti-war crowd, their motives and whether they're consistent in their convictions or not. Why!?!

If I didn't care about a political issue I wouldn't spend days non-stop posting comments about it. Even a troll spending days trying to get a rise out of people would probably have some significant personality issues, issues around loneliness, social detachment, etc.

Happy, confident people don't spend a huge amount of their time online berating others trying to rile them up, especially on an issue to which they admit they have little emotional attachment.

You say you don't care about those victims. Fair enough but you do care a lot about the anti-war crowd, their motives and whether they're consistent in their convictions or not. Why!?!

If I didn't care about a political issue I wouldn't spend days non-stop posting comments about it. Even a troll spending days trying to get a rise out of people would probably have some significant personality issues, issues around loneliness, social detachment, etc.

Happy, confident people don't spend a huge amount of their time online berating others trying to rile them up, especially on an issue to which they admit they have little emotional attachment.

The real people with issues are the thousands who used victims of war for a day out in fancy dress when it was fashionable to do a bit of Dubya bashing. Where are they today and why are they silent? But of course you want answer that question

The real people with issues are the thousands who used victims of war for a day out in fancy dress when it was fashionable to do a bit of Dubya bashing. Where are they today and why are they silent? But of course you want answer that question

Have you been to Ireland recently?

Have you been to Ireland recently?

Yes but i don't understand the point of that question

Yes but i don't understand the point of that question

Sorry, let me ask properly.

Are you talking about the lack of an anti-war movement in your country, or in Ireland? I can see an active anti-war movement in Ireland which is involved in this issue around ISIS, particularly in relation to giving support to the Kurds, having Kurdish political figures give talks here, etc.

Do you see any similar movement in your country compared to how intense it was during the protests in 2003?

There's a gulf between the cultures of liberals in America and the ones here in Europe.

• Advertisement

Sorry, let me ask properly.

Are you talking about the lack of an anti-war movement in your country, or in Ireland? I can see an active anti-war movement in Ireland which is involved in this issue around ISIS, particularly in relation to giving support to the Kurds, having Kurdish political figures give talks here, etc.

Do you see any similar movement in your country compared to how intense it was during the protests in 2003?

There's a gulf between the cultures of liberals in America and the ones here in Europe.

I'm Irish dude. Hundreds of thousands took to the streets of Ireland in 2003 i think it was. I'm not seeing that public anger now. I dont think you can compare a lecture or meeting to that level of "support"

Advertisement