Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isis burn pilot alive..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

As someone who has served in the armed forces and took part in an actual war i think i may have a tad more experience than you. It's really not that hard to shoot a gun.

No it's not

But to accurately shoot and kill takes a bit more but then again you'd probably learned that.

which war by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Continually blaming the US in such a simplistic way as many on this thread do gives a free pass to daesh for what they chose to do.

Nah. That crowd are a bunch of murderous scum. Pointing out that chickenhawk neocon foreign policy has left Iraq in the state it's in doesn't excuse what they're doing at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

http://postimg.org/image/9ok9j07kd/

I'm currently selling these for 5.99. If interested pm for sizes and colours

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

As someone who has served in the armed forces and took part in an actual war i think i may have a tad more experience than you. It's really not that hard to shoot a gun.

Did you ever actually "shoot a gun" while you were taking part in that actual war?

jimgoose wrote: »
    Did you ever actually "shoot a gun" while you were taking part in that actual war?

He spent a few weeks in the FCA that's about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Gatling wrote: »
    No it's not

But to accurately shoot and kill takes a bit more but then again you'd probably learned that.

which war by the way

1St gulf 91

1St gulf 91

Spent many nights and days camped in from of sky , CNN and other news channels for that one even have the sticker book.

US or UK

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

1St gulf 91

Mate of mine ran a Humvee-mounted .50-cal over there with the USMC. Exit wounds like dinner plates. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

1St gulf 91

that was actually the 2nd gulf war...the 1st was iran/iraq...of course many folks nowadays have no clue and still think they should comment on the middle east...also a clear sign the posters' knowledge is based on american-dominated media...

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    that was actually the 2nd gulf war...the 1st was iran/iraq...of course many folks nowadays have no clue and still think they should comment on the middle east...also a clear sign the posters' knowledge is based on american-dominated media...

Actually the iran vs Iraq wasn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Spent many nights and days camped in from of sky , CNN and other news channels for that one even have the sticker book.

US or UK

The man served his country,(U.K. IF I'm not mistaken),cut him some slack.A brave decision,IMHO.

And that's not to say that I agree entirely with you either Timberrrrrr,if we arm and train the kurds to defeat daesh/isis/is/isil/Tottenham hotspur,it is quite likely they will train their weapons on Turkey,a NATO member,in their quest for a homeland for their people.

I sure as hell don't know the answer as to how best defeat the asshats in the ME,all I know is that,war and political instability will beno stranger to those lands for many,many years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Actually, the first gulf war was Rome/Parthia...of course many folks nowadays have no clue and still think they should comment on the middle east...also a clear sign the posters' knowledge is based on american-dominated media...

Actually the iran vs Iraq wasn't

sure there were wars in the region before...yet the 80s' iran/iraq war was called the gulf war until desert shield/storm happened...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Sand wrote: »
    Actually, the first gulf war was Rome/Parthia...of course many folks nowadays have no clue and still think they should comment on the middle east...also a clear sign the posters' knowledge is based on american-dominated media...

Ah,you forgot Alexander the Greats Campaign against the Persian king Darius(he burned Perseopolis to the ground in a drunken rage after);)

And Cyrus the Great was acting the maggot around that neck of the Woods a few hunderd years previously too:p:D

sure there were wars in the region before...yet the 80s' iran/iraq war was called the gulf war until desert shield/storm happened...

I'm referring to the many US operations against Iranian forces in the straight of hormuz

I'm referring to the many US operations against Iranian forces in the straight of hormuz

hahaha...okay, clearly you were not around when the first gulf war happened and generally have no concept of what a war is...though the term per se is certainly open to deabte...

hahaha...okay, clearly you were not around when the first gulf war happened and generally have no concept of what a war is...though the term per se is certainly open to deabte...

I was around remember various report very well actually.
    Been studying military history and warfare for over 30 years so yes I kinda get the whole what a war is .

I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Can you use that crystal ball to give me a tip for the gee-gees over the weekend?

Nodin wrote: »
    Can you use that crystal ball to give me a tip for the gee-gees over the weekend?

Any ideas on what should be done with Isis?. Apologies if you've already given them I've only seen your posts when you were asking me some questions. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

1St gulf 91

Which regiment?

From my knowledge of that war, about 1% of soldiers got to fire their weapons if even that - and that was usually at other allied soldiers! It was a 4 day ground war if memory serves.

The Iraqis saw the yanks coming, filled up their pick-ups with looted TVs and fridges and ran back to Baghdad, if they made through the highway of death.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Tugboats wrote: »
    Any ideas on what should be done with Isis?. Apologies if you've already given them I've seen your posts when you we asking me some questions. Thanks

Shoot them, bomb them, target their finances.

I'm very sceptical of the ISIS story of the female american hostage being killed by Jordanian strikes. The sole victim in an airstrike? If she was alive, she'd have 24/7 guards for fear of a rescue attempt.

We will probably never find out what happened to her. We can only hope whatever happened it was quick and relatively painless and she didn't suffer at the hands of the ISIS cavemen. Actually I'm being unkind to cavemen, I'm pretty sure most cavemen had some values and morals whereas ISIS have none. I guess that's what happens when you base your morals on a holy book that's open to interpretation.

I was around remember various report very well actually.
    Been studying military history and warfare for over 30 years so yes I kinda get the whole what a war is .

I think

okay, cool...my point was that not all military operations automatically constitute a war...and the first time the term "gulf war" was used - afaik - was the iran/iraq war...in that context it is also interesting to consider whether we might currently be seeing the 3rd world war unfold, the west vs. islamism...and whether the 30 years' war was really the 1st world war...all depends on how one defines things...

I'm very sceptical of the ISIS story of the female american hostage being killed by Jordanian strikes. The sole victim in an airstrike? If she was alive, she'd have 24/7 guards for fear of a rescue attempt.

We will probably never find out what happened to her. We can only hope whatever happened it was quick and relatively painless and she didn't suffer at the hands of the ISIS cavemen. Actually I'm being unkind to cavemen, I'm pretty sure most cavemen had some values and morals whereas ISIS have none. I guess that's what happens when you base your morals on a holy book that's open to interpretation.

Trying to get the Jordanians vs the US going in the hope us public outcry at an American woman been killed ,then stop the bombing

According to the French hostage who was released they treated her better than the male hostages.

Tugboats wrote: »
    According to the French hostage who was released they treated her better than the male hostages.

Yes, because they probably wanted to ransom her or use her for some propaganda value.

Now she's "dead" you don't know what might happen. She's off the radar now. These guys aren't exactly known for their human rights values or nice treatment of prisoners.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Nah. That crowd are a bunch of murderous scum. Pointing out that chickenhawk neocon foreign policy has left Iraq in the state it's in doesn't excuse what they're doing at all.

Continually blaming someone else rather than those involved does to some extent absolve them of their own agency in their actions.

Are you saying that what Daesh are doing is an inevitable conclusion of the invasion of Iraq?
    Are you saying that the people who make up Daesh had NO other choices than the ones they made?

Nodin wrote: »
    Shoot them, bomb them, target their finances.

Careful, you might upset the Irish Anti War movement with that kind of rhetoric.

Continually blaming someone else rather than those involved does to some extent absolve them of their own agency in their actions.

Are you saying that what Daesh are doing is an inevitable conclusion of the invasion of Iraq?
    Are you saying that the people who make up Daesh had NO other choices than the ones they made?

I'm afraid you will find he believes the US/NATO are responsible for all the worlds ills.

It's basically old school USSR propaganda dressed up for a modern audience. Some of us see it for what it is.

The USSR might have lost the Cold War but many of its supporters are still around and never quite accepted it.

• Advertisement

Yes, because they probably wanted to ransom her or use her for some propaganda value.

Now she's "dead" you don't know what might happen. She's off the radar now. These guys aren't exactly known for their human rights values or nice treatment of prisoners.

Do you think she is still alive? Some people reckon they may have sold her. Who would they sell her to though? If she is dead and it was Isis who killed her and not an air strike then surely we would be seeing a video? It's hard to know I guess....

Advertisement