Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isis burn pilot alive..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

barney 20v wrote: »
    No, no it won't .

The airman knew his faith if captured- no sympathy from me.
    Also have ye never heard of napalm ???
    The yanks loved roasting entire Vietnam villages with that stuff.
    ,. A new low?? One combatant killed by others??

Ask the 1 million+ dead Iraquis about real terror as a result of American intervention .

Don't forget Agent Orange, and white phosphorus, I love that. And of course the 20 megaton thermonuke. I say horse into it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

BMMachine wrote: »

watching this will help understand the vague questions you have about the media's coverage of all this. Its pretty long and tells the story of Afghanistan and how groups like ISIS have their origins in Saudi Arabian wahhabism.

There is a lot we don't know and never told.
    Man burning to death in a cage though? Pretty evil. Also very reportable evil.

They can report what they want and have all the politics they want about it just so long as sometime in the foreseeable future we have headlines reading "ISIS OBLITERATED"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

No, no it won't .

The airman knew his faith if captured- no sympathy from me.
    Also have ye never heard of napalm ???
    The yanks loved roasting entire Vietnam villages with that stuff.
    ,. A new low?? One combatant killed by others??

Ask the 1 million+ dead Iraquis about real terror as a result of American intervention .

Are any of them on Facebook or Twitter and I will ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Wibbs wrote: »
    Me, I'd go full on Roman on them.

It would be little more than a grand, but pointless, game of whack-a-mole Wibbs.

Karl Stein wrote: »
    It would be little more than a grand, but pointless, game of whack-a-mole Wibbs.

You seem an expert in what won't work could you enlighten us on what you think should be done going forward. I don't want a history lesson or a blame game. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

You must have a pretty abysmal knowledge of both history and current affairs if you think someone getting burned alive is some sort of unprecedented event.

Oh right, so it's ok then. What a stupid comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Tugboats wrote: »
    Are any of them on Facebook or Twitter and I will ask?

Irony is clearly a new concept to you eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

evo2000 wrote: »
    They can report what they want and have all the politics they want about it just so long as sometime in the foreseeable future we have headlines reading "ISIS OBLITERATED"

just like we saw the headline "Al-Queda Obliterated"
    no, wait...
    Wibbs wrote: »
    Me, I'd go full on Roman on them. Send in the heavy hitters and make a thousand widows in a week and line the approach roads to their "caliphate" with the crucified remains of their "brave warriors". Fight their kind of evil with a bigger abomination. Show them what and who is at stake. No pussyfooting going on. No political "solution". Fight fire with napalm. And yep history has shown that can work(with an attendant hearts and minds mission).

what a reactionary and frankly stupid reply. you sound exactly like one of those americans who says "MORE GUNS!" after a school shooting.
    There is far more going on than you think and your kind of over-reactionary drum beating is exactly the wrong attitude to have as regards fixing any of this.

no, wait...

what a reactionary and frankly stupid reply. you sound exactly like one of those americans who says "MORE GUNS!" after a school shooting.
    There is far more going on than you think and your kind of over-reactionary drum beating is exactly the wrong attitude to have as regards fixing any of this.

Have any solutions yourself?

• Advertisement

no, wait...

Could you explain rather than just call people stupid you seem to have inside knowledge, thanks... also what would you re solution be ?

And i havent heard anything about al queda in a long time have you? i think they did a fairly good job with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Do enlighten us with your revelation of the truth them.

Just do warn us if we need to get a tinfoil hat though, mine is a bit dented atm and needs a bit of fixing.

You seem an expert in what won't work could you enlighten us on what you think should be done going forward. I don't want a history lesson or a blame game. Thanks

You're the guy who comes into the panel beaters and asks 'how can I prevent my car from from getting all banged up'?

'Stop driving like a clown' would be what the panel beater would say.

I think the best they can hope for is containment. If you're a detective and you know a bar where all the scumbags hang out you don't go in and break the place up. You know where they are, you observe them, you bug the place, you find out where their cash is coming from, you recruit informers etc. Follow the money.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2937217/Killed-gay-Man-blindfolded-thrown-tower-block-Syria-stoned-death-SURVIVED-fall.html

Im still gonna go with take off the gloves and kill every last one of em, show them absolutely no quarter, dish them out there own version of justice every time one is captured alive, it would send a fairly loud message id think! might even put a dent in there recruitment, when theres fighting a force that will show them no mercy or play by the rules that lets them have a fighting chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

What IS did was absolutely shocking and horrific and it angers me greatly.
    However killing 5 prisoners in response is not the right move.
    They were sentenced to death
    Anyway, but we're gonna be used for a prisoner swap.
    ISIS knew this, but they already killed the man while trying to pull a fast one.
    It's the only move!

okay, I don't have a solution. Why would I?

What I do know is that millions of kilo's of explosives haven't solved one damn thing in the middle east. why would another couple of million ?
    You think Al-Qaeda is 'defeated'? Did you know that the invasion of Afghanistan by the west just ratified their power and ambition in the eyes of many extreme Islamists, especially in neighbouring Pakistan.. or do you guys have the same delusion that the invasion and occupation of Afghanistan was just because, ya know, all dem terrorists live there? If you do think that, watch the video I linked earlier, it will explain the history of that region far better than I could.

all of you going "BOMB THEM MORE!" are just playing into the hands of vast areas of political establishment. Its very easy to have an enemy and sell that enemy to a public that wants one, especially when that enemy is as vague and confusing as "terrorism". If you want to have no understanding, then by all means just eat up what you are given and react in inane and stupid ways on the internet. If you want to understand the deep web and history of these and other societies, do some research, its not all as it seems. Humanity and societies, especially those that are so distant from us like the middle-east can be quite alien to us but when you break things down and start seeing and learning, all that goes away.

Yes, this latest act is absolutely evil and it is in the long string of evil acts from this particular group. There is no one denying that, its just we need to think about what we do rather than jump in and make an even bigger mess

Karl Stein wrote: »
    You're the guy who comes into the panel beaters and asks 'how can I prevent my car from from getting all banged up'?

'Stop driving like a clown' would be what the panel beater would say.

I think the best they can hope for is containment. If you're a detective and you know a bar where all the scumbags hang out you don't go in and break the place up. You know where they are, you observe them, you bug the place, you find out where their cash is coming from, you recruit informers etc. Follow the money.

It's a bit more serious than The Wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

I say **** the Geneva Convention and just torch them, send in every spec ops group and anyone else capable of using a gun and just get rid of them once and for all. It makes me sick to think innocent people die because of some idiotic extremists.
    Religion is the root of all evils, here's proof

so you want solutions but you don't want to know about the history of the conflict and you respond to a metaphor which explains in simple terms what can be done with an inane and pointless comment?

well done, your opinion on the whole subject is completely invalid and anything you say from this point forward on this topic holds exactly 0 weight.

this is why manipulating a lot of members of the public is easy, they don't think but they think they know :)

Seanf999 wrote: »
    I say **** the Geneva Convention and just torch them, send in every spec ops group and anyone else capable of using a gun and just get rid of them once and for all. It makes me sick to think innocent people die because of some idiotic extremists.

Turn this post on it's head and insert "America/ the West" into the place of Isis etc ..... What you got then???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Turn this post on it's head and insert "America/ the West" into the place of Isis etc ..... What you got then???

Whataboutery.

It was an analogy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Here's the great thing about the Geneva Convention ... It covers those that sudrender, prisoners of war. ISIS don't want members to do this, so game on! Killing a gay man by throwing him off a high rise building?a woman likes man that's not to there liking? Kill her. Yet some people will still make excuses for them.
    Seanf999 wrote: »

Whataboutery.

Exactly. But you seemed to miss the point of my post---

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

all of you going "BOMB THEM MORE!" are just playing into the hands of vast areas of political establishment. Its very easy to have an enemy and sell that enemy to a public that wants one, especially when that enemy is as vague and confusing as "terrorism".

To be fair IS are doing a pretty good job of selling themselves arent they?

They've even got the Japanese vowing revenge on them now.

What I do know is that millions of kilo's of explosives haven't solved one damn thing in the middle east. why would another couple of million ?
    You think Al-Qaeda is 'defeated'? Did you know that the invasion of Afghanistan by the west just ratified their power and ambition in the eyes of many extreme Islamists, especially in neighbouring Pakistan.. or do you guys have the same delusion that the invasion and occupation of Afghanistan was just because, ya know, all dem terrorists live there? If you do think that, watch the video I linked earlier, it will explain the history of that region far better than I could.

all of you going "BOMB THEM MORE!" are just playing into the hands of vast areas of political establishment. Its very easy to have an enemy and sell that enemy to a public that wants one, especially when that enemy is as vague and confusing as "terrorism". If you want to have no understanding, then by all means just eat up what you are given and react in inane and stupid ways on the internet. If you want to understand the deep web and history of these and other societies, do some research, its not all as it seems. Humanity and societies, especially those that are so distant from us like the middle-east can be quite alien to us but when you break things down and start seeing and learning, all that goes away.

Yes, this latest act is absolutely evil and it is in the long string of evil acts from this particular group. There is no one denying that, its just we need to think about what we do rather than jump in and make an even bigger mess

Theres a difference, that failed because the west played by the rules and they didnt, of course that wasnt gonna workout but if they go in and rule book out the window and take the fight to ISIS id bet you any money ISIS wouldnt be roaming freely from village to village with impunity murdering and torturing as they go!

The absolute worst thing that could be done is being passive about it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

They should just nuke them out of existence any jihadis coming back into Europe round them up and either shoot them or give give them to a country that will sentence them to death. France has finally woken up and are surching the ghettos to drag out the extremists and Isis supporters other countries should follow their lead!

They should just nuke them out of existence any jihadis coming back into Europe round them up and either shoot them or give give them to a country that will sentence them to death. France has finally woken up and are surching the ghettos to drag out the extremists and Isis supporters other countries should follow their lead!

The UK just jailed one for 3 years. I wonder what will happen in 3 years time

evo2000 wrote: »
    Theres a difference, that failed because the west played by the rules and they didnt, of course that wasnt gonna workout but if they go in and rule book out the window and take the fight to ISIS id bet you any money ISIS wouldnt be roaming freely from village to village with impunity murdering and torturing as they go!

no they didn't.
    they absolutely didn't.

Did you miss all the reports on torture and guantanimo bay? What about illegal funding to various Afghani warlords that were committing massive atrocities daily? I don't mean to sound insulting but you really don't have the required information to make a rational opinion on the subject of Middle-Eastern politics, society and our western wars against them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

A couple million kilos of explosives would solve the problem of these guys being alive. That's one thing.

I'm with Wibbs on this one. Go full ****ing Roman. These guys have 30k fighters? Leave 30k corpses.

Advertisement