Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isis burn pilot alive..

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Tugboats wrote: »
    The UK just jailed one for 3 years. I wonder what will happen in 3 years time

He ll come out fitter stronger prob abit more educated have a good group of buddies to go bombing with!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    A couple million kilos of explosives would solve the problem of these guys being alive. That's one thing.

I'm with Wibbs on this one. Go full ****ing Roman. These guys have 30k fighters? Leave 30k corpses.

frighteningly ignorant and quite a damning representation of the complete lack of education the public has as to what's going on.
    That or you like death.

BMMachine wrote: »
    frighteningly ignorant and quite a damning representation of the complete lack of education the public has as to what's going on.
    That or you like death.

You must be the one that likes that considering your so against military action against em, gloves off no rules beat them at there own game action,

Do you think reasoning with them will work or something? will they go off and live in ISIS land and leave the rest of the world alone and stop slaughtering anyone different to them??....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Remember the Russian Afghan war (1979 - 1989?). America flooded Afghanistan with weapons to defeat their old soviet enemies. Al-Qaeda/ Taliban used these very weapons to begin their war against the west.

Remember the Syrian rebels tried to oust Bashar Al-Assad? America flooded Syria with weapons intended for the rebels because Al-Assad was a dictator and Americans hate dictators. Those rebels now go by many names. ISIS, ISIL, IS....

See what happens when America get involved with the middle east? Not to mention Isreals closest ally is the US. Isreal are basically committing genocide on Palestine.

Now I want to see these ISIS scumbags wiped off the face of the earth but involving America in any way will inevitably lead to more and more atrocities, history has taught us this.

When the US tries to bring peace to a country all that happens is anti American sentiment grows and extremism spreads like a disease. I honestly don't know how this endless cycle of depravity will pan out but I'm fairly certain America won't be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

That or you like death.

I don't relish death but these guys can no longer be considered human beings. Society would benefit hugely from their death.

The Islamic State only exists because we allow it to. From that point of view all these horrendous crimes are only possible due to our inaction.

• Advertisement

evo2000 wrote: »
    You must be the one that likes that considering your so against military action against em, gloves off no rules beat them at there own game action,

Do you think reasoning with them will work or something? will they go off and live in ISIS land and leave the rest of the world alone and stop slaughtering anyone different to them??....

tbh, I don't exactly know how to respond to you because you just plain don't have anything relevant to say. your opinion seems to be "I hate ISIS so much I want them bombed into the ground and whoever does the bombing has a carte blanche to do what they want" and there isn't really any talking to someone like that as their pig ignorance acts as a good shield

The Islamic State only exists because we allow it to.

the Islamic State exists for many many reasons, most of which were caused by the Saudi's and the Americans/Israeli's.

the black and white view on this thread as to the realities of the situation over there makes for pretty bleak reading :s

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

GerB40 wrote: »
    Isreal are basically committing genocide on Palestine.

No they are not. If you think that they are then you do not know what genocide means.

One of the ironic things is that pretty much the only army in the region that could destroy ISIS is the IDF. All the other armies in the region are either badly-trained rubbish or have significant numbers that do not particularly object to ISIS's ideology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

tbh, I don't exactly know how to respond to you because you just plain don't have anything relevant to say. your opinion seems to be "I hate ISIS so much I want them bombed into the ground and whoever does the bombing has a carte blanche to do what they want" and there isn't really any talking to someone like that as their pig ignorance acts as a good shield
    What about just shooting the fckers? How about that, not back anyone else and just get rid of the scum. Or would you have a problem with that too?

the Islamic State exists for many many reasons, most of which were caused by the Saudi's and the Americans/Israeli's.

the black and white view on this thread as to the realities of the situation over there makes for pretty bleak reading :s
    You're confusing why the Islamic State was formed with why it continues to exist.

The Islamic State only exists because we allow it to. Our inaction allows them to carry out their horrendous crimes.

• Advertisement

deco nate wrote: »
    What about just shooting the fckers? How about that, not back anyone else and just get rid of the scum. Or would you have a problem with that too?

yeah its very easy to get them all to line up so we can shoot them. GENIUS.
    iwasfrozen wrote:
    You're confusing why the Islamic State was formed with why it continues to exist.

who is the "we"? the 'civilised' part of the world with our grand ideas on society and freedom? again, you just don't know enough. That isn't your fault, you are probably getting fed choice slices of a very large and confusing pie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

In the 1980s then US allies the Mujahideen would deal with captured Soviet soldiers by pulling them apart using trucks.

I don't know what you mean by 'we', personally I don't want anything to do with either Islamic State or the bloodthirsty neo-con freaks and Blair/Bush worshipping fantasists that infest threads like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

They should just nuke them out of existence any jihadis coming back into Europe round them up and either shoot them or give give them to a country that will sentence them to death. France has finally woken up and are surching the ghettos to drag out the extremists and Isis supporters other countries should follow their lead!

^ So plant nukes in Europe to deal with returning jihadis? Christ even by neo-con standards we've got a live one here. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

porsche959 wrote: »
    I don't know what you mean by 'we', personally I don't want anything to do with either Islamic State or the bloodthirsty neo-con freaks and Blair/Bush worshipping fantasists that infest threads like this.

'Call of Duty' game-controllers in one hand and cock in the other furiously masturbating to war fantasies.

I love how theres people here saying military action is stupid all the while offering no other solutions, the reason for this is because there are no other solutions, you cannot reason with ISIS its sole purpose for existence is to inflict pain/brutal deaths on anything that differs from its ideology, the more freedom you give it the stronger it gets, the more you play the game of cat and mouse politics with it the stronger it gets,

its hilarious talking about morals when discussing what action should be taken against them all the while ISIS is laughing at morals and doing the complete opposite, its akin to trying to reason with someone that is currently punching you in the face!

At the very least we could kill enough of them so they can be contained or managed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

yeah its very easy to get them all to line up so we can shoot them. GENIUS.

Did I say Line them all up?
    Please point that out to me in my post!
    Muppet, I replied because bombing is inafective. So my reply to you was how about just shooting them, less chance of innocent bystanders being killed.
    But keep posting, cause you know so much. I'm learning all the time...

(and by that I mean feet on the ground)

who is the "we"? the 'civilised' part of the world with our grand ideas on society and freedom? again, you just don't know enough. That isn't your fault, you are probably getting fed choice slices of a very large and confusing pie

Yes.

Do you disagree with my statement that the Islamic State can only exist due to the absence of Western troops in the region?

Certainly bands could retreat to the mountains but their capacity to function as a cohesive state in any sense of the word would be curtailed. You agree with this statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

No they are not. If you think that they are then you do not know what genocide means.

One of the ironic things is that pretty much the only army in the region that could destroy ISIS is the IDF. All the other armies in the region are either badly-trained rubbish or have significant numbers that do not particularly object to ISIS's ideology.

The IDF are one of the best trained armies in the world, I won't argue that point with you. But Isreal have been purposely bombing Palestinian schools, hospitals and UN "safe zones". They hit an electrical power plant, they control how much food goes into Palestine (the so called "subsistence level", enough that they won't starve to death). They've been caught on camera beating children, the elderly, they even gave a warning about a bombing attack and told Palestinian civilians which shelter to hide in. That shelter was bombed....

To me it seems obvious that Isreal want every Palestinian dead, does that not classify as genocide?

I love how theres people here saying military action is stupid all the while offering no other solutions.

It was reckless military action that sewed the seeds for these medieval bastards. 'We' shouldn't make things worse by repeating the mistakes of the past.
    you cannot reason with ISIS its sole purpose for existence is to inflict pain/brutal deaths on anything that differs from its ideology, the more freedom you give it the stronger it gets, the more you play the game of cat and mouse politics with it the stronger it gets,

When ISIS start flying drones over Europe I'll start getting a small bit concerned. These guys have shown themselves to be good at causing moral panic in the west and little else. They'd like little more than to see the west flood 'infidel' soldiers into the Middle East again. These guys want to draw the west into the middle east to bankrupt it financially, morally and have western politicians strip away our freedoms in the name of 'security'.

We = the West. Granted an imprecise term but most people have a fair idea what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Why is it ineffective to bomb them?

Would the kurds have been able to free Kobani from IS without "the west" bombing?

Karl Stein wrote: »
    It was reckless military action that sewed the seeds for these medieval bastards. 'We' shouldn't make things worse by repeating the mistakes of the past.

When ISIS start flying drones over Europe I'll start getting a small bit concerned. These guys have shown themselves to be good at causing moral panic in the west and little else. They'd like little more than to see the west flood 'infidel' soldiers into the Middle East again. These guys want to draw the west into the middle east to bankrupt it financially, morally and have western politicians strip away our freedoms in the name of 'security'.

You seem to have a very "Once its not me or mine" getting ****ed up on a regular basis, then its ok stance on the issue!

Your right, we (the western world) did inadvertently create them, all the more reason it is our responsibility to deal with em, and there can be only one way that can be done, i shudder at the idea of a world where its ok to stand by and watch innocent people get butchered everyday, while we have the means to stop it or at the very least slow it down.

Yes.

Do you disagree with my statement that the Islamic State can only exist due to the absence of Western troops in the region?

Certainly bands could retreat to the mountains but their capacity to function as a cohesive state in any sense of the word would be curtailed. You agree with this statement?

yes, the famous hiding place of the terrorists! this just shows how what you know is spoon fed to you by poorly sourced news agencies. And if what you know is twisted and untrue, then what weight is there behind your opinion?

And I do disagree and history agrees with me here... wait, crap, no... I forgot about the famous mountains. you win again!
    deco nate wrote:
    Did I say Line them all up?
    Please point that out to me in my post!
    Muppet, I replied because bombing is inafective. So my reply to you was how about just shooting them, less chance of innocent bystanders being killed.
    But keep posting, cause you know so much. I'm learning all the time...

(and by that I mean feet on the ground)

you have nothing of any value to say or add and aren't worth responding to because of your failure to understand the implied values of a western invasion into the middle east. The problem with you is is that you are obviously interested in what is going on there but lack the information and ability to obtain and understand that information, but you do have a voice so people will listen. You are a good example of the problem.
    evo2000 wrote:
    pro military action stuff with little thought or value placed on the society that surrounds it.

get educated on what you are talking about then come back. You have nothing of any value to add to what is a deeply complicated situation.

Well what would your solution have been for Kobani? The kurdish city that was almost overrun by IS?

What do you do when "we" are asked for assistance by desperate people?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

A war can't be won from the air alone. Financial aid from friendly nations can be stopped at source. That involves leaning on banks. Choke them at their financial sources. No money, no guns. A Goebbels like propaganda campaign on social media against them painting them as paedophiles luring young men into their harems will paint them as dirty old men. What self respecting 16 year old would want to be a whore for them.
    They live upon their reputation as hard men of religion. Destroy their image. Given they are named after an Egyptian goddess, I do wish the old gods would rise from the sands and do these bastards in old school. And me a man of science.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

How many have these guys killed now, the two Japanese guys this poor fcuker from Jordan, the reporter from America are the ones I am aware of, is it going to take a Russian being killed for something to be done, Putin would have bombed the fcuk out of them by now if a Russian had been killed, America has gotten its wish out of the last decade of conflict in the middle east in that Oil is now worth fcuk all but all their interference in the area has done some serious damage, why not put those aircraft carriers in the area to good use and bomb the hell out of these bastards.

yes, the famous hiding place of the terrorists! this just shows how what you know is spoon fed to you by poorly sourced news agencies. And if what you know is twisted and untrue, then what weight is there behind your opinion?

And I do disagree and history agrees with me here... wait, crap, no... I forgot about the famous mountains. you win again!

you have nothing of any value to say or add and aren't worth responding to because of your failure to understand the implied values of a western invasion into the middle east. The problem with you is is that you are obviously interested in what is going on there but lack the information and ability to obtain and understand that information, but you do have a voice so people will listen. You are a good example of the problem.

get educated on what you are talking about then come back. You have nothing of any value to add to what is a deeply complicated situation.

Says the lad with no solutions what so ever or anything to add aside from criticizing and calling everyone else opinion stupid, please by all means educate me!

Will i need to bring my own tinfoil hat to the lesson or do you supply them?!

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Why is it ineffective to bomb them?

It's not that it has no effect - you can't win wars from the air. In recent times western hardware bombing Afghanistan and South Lebanon should have taught even the most foolish that. You certainly cannot kill ideas/ideologies with a missile.

It's not that it has no effect - you can't win wars from the air. In recent times western hardware bombing Afghanistan and South Lebanon should have taught even the most foolish that. You certainly cannot kill ideas/ideologies with a missile.

The rest of my post asked did the bombing of the city of Kobani help the Kurds (the ground troops) to free it or not?

Of course you cant win wars from the air but you also cant win wars if your opponent controls the air and also threatens on the ground.

• Advertisement

Says the lad with no solutions what so ever or anything to add aside from criticizing and calling everyone else opinion stupid, please by all means educate me!

Will i need to bring my own tinfoil hat to the lesson or do you supply them?!

im criticising everyone elses opinion because its very clear they have absolutely no understanding of whats going on there and have no desire to learn about it. Sorry if its easy to dismiss all your points, but it is.

and yeah, its a tinfoil hat thing. just use that phrase and I'm automatically wrong. Your ignorance is quite unbearable

Advertisement