Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless outdoor camera reccomendation

Options
  • 03-02-2015 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi guys, im looking for a Wireless Outdoor ip camera for my home. I want something with reasonable image quality, night vision mode, motion detection and email alerts. Im not overly bothered about live streaming but not against it either. Ive seen a few i like but im not sure if they need to be connected to a pc to work properly. i want a stand alone device that is just connected to a power supply and connected to my router either by wifi or cable and will email me a picture when the motion is detected. Any one have any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Came across this for the princely sum of $72

Chinese rip-off, but ticks all the boxes!

Suneyes 720p IP Camera

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

any idea of what customs would charge on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Did some more research on this ... Foscam seem to be a reputable brand and are not too expensive - was looking at this one Foscam FI9804W 720P H.264 Wi-Fi Wireless Outdoor Waterproof IP Camera around the €100 mark

The next thing I was looking at is a Cloud Based DVR ... there are many out there with different pricing.

There is a free version: Cammy that will not provide live feed, but will record andf store a burst of images when motion is detected.

There are others:
    Cam Cloud
    MangoCam

They all have mobile apps ... prices vary but looking at around $5 a month for live monitoring with alerts

Advertisement