Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lidl wifi booster problems

Options
  • 04-02-2015 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

bought one of those wifi boosters in lidl yesterday and cannot get it working,tried following instructions by pressing wps button on unit and also my eircom wifi modem but nothing happened,also tried manually setting it up by connecting cable from booster to pc and putting in the ip from the manual into my browser but instead of getting the setup for my booster just got google search page.
    any ideas thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

I was looking at buying one of these as well, but wasn't sure how good they are. I have a Three 3G wireless router (B683) so would love to know if it would work for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

daveob007 wrote: »
    bought one of those wifi boosters in lidl yesterday and cannot get it working,tried following instructions by pressing wps button on unit and also my eircom wifi modem but nothing happened,also tried manually setting it up by connecting cable from booster to pc and putting in the ip from the manual into my browser but instead of getting the setup for my booster just got google search page.
    any ideas thanks

Connect your pc to booster via cable. Disable wifi on your pc. Then browse to the configuration page.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

done that and worked,but if i sign in to 2.4ghz repeater i have limited access,,any idea how to fix thanks

You have to configure it to connect to your main wifi hotspot. Without credentials the repeater is useless.

Read the manual!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭prince20

Folks,

Any idea of the range of these?

• Advertisement

Same range as wifi. Range reduced by walls and stopped by metal etc.

These wifi repeaters are a terrible solution tho, you are much better off connecting hotspots with a cable.

Advertisement