Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilmacanogue exchange status

Options
  • 04-02-2015 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Is the Kilmacanogue_2 exchange ADSL2+ enabled?
    I'm currently getting 8,192 Kb up / 512 down, which looks like max ADSL2 speeds, line stats suggest i should be getting 14-16 down on 2+, wondering if my line can be upgraded to 2+ or not.

Also wondering about e-fibre rollout in my area. The closest cabinet to me is KMO1_007, which is listed as "planned for this location", and has been for months now. Is it possible to tell when this cabinet will be fibre-enabled?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

rojer wrote: »
    Is the Kilmacanogue_2 exchange ADSL2+ enabled?
    I'm currently getting 8,192 Kb up / 512 down, which looks like max ADSL2 speeds, line stats suggest i should be getting 14-16 down on 2+, wondering if my line can be upgraded to 2+ or not.

Also wondering about e-fibre rollout in my area. The closest cabinet to me is KMO1_007, which is listed as "planned for this location", and has been for months now. Is it possible to tell when this cabinet will be fibre-enabled?

Thanks!
    Hi rojer

The Kilmacanogue exchange is indeed ADSL2+ enabled and if you would like to PM me your land line number I will be happy to look in to the possibility of upgrading your speeds.

I'm afraid KMO1_007 has yet to have an agreed launch date yet but indications suggest late 2015.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rojer

hi Alan

i PM'd the details the same day, any update?

hi Alan

i PM'd the details the same day, any update?
    Hi rojer,

While ADSL2+ is available to your line I cannot offer you an increase as your service is not provided by eirocom. The best advice I can offer you is to get in touch with your service provider

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rojer

yeah, i'm with Digiweb. i thought i'd ask Eircom about exchange first so i know if it can or cannot be done.
    i contacted Digiweb already - thanks for your help, Alan!

yeah, i'm with Digiweb. i thought i'd ask Eircom about exchange first so i know if it can or cannot be done.
    i contacted Digiweb already - thanks for your help, Alan!
    You're welcome rojer

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement