Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction and ban for questioning sale of illegal items on boards

Options
  • 04-02-2015 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

There was/is a pistol for sale in the airsoft adverts category which was shown to be above the legal limit for this country. A moderator locked the thread as is correct practice but re-opened it the following morning saying it was suddenly fine with no explanation.
    I asked for clarification on how this illegal firearm is suddenly legal and recieved an infraction, I questioned this infraction both on thread and via pm to the moderator and have recieved a ban.
    If they are trying to condone the sale of illegal items I am quite happy to report them and boards.ie to the guards as there are severe penalties in place for the sale or supply or over the limit airsoft replicas which are treated as illegal firearms in the eyes of the law once the limit is exceeded.
    I want my question answered re: how has this item suddenly become legal.
    I want the ban and infraction removed and I want an apology from the mods who appear to be completely incompetent at their jobs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Eo1n8wrd

I have received more PMs from both of the mods in question with snide comments saying they are unable to respond to my "demands" as I have opened this thread. If possible I would also like if the two mods, (who have still not explained how an illegal item became legal overnight) would simply answer my question, If this had been done in the first place this thread would not exist.

They avoided the question in my PMs and when it became obvious to me their decisions would not be reversed I decided to open this thread.

I can quite happily copy and paste all the messages here for all to see but since my last post was edited to remove the link to the thread with the illegal item i'll hold off on that for now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've read the PM you received explaining why the thread was reopened. It explains how the mods revisited the calculations after discussing them with the OP and decided to reopen the thread. If there was any doubt it would not have been reopened.

You got an infraction and ban for this (in your own words):
    Eo1n8wrd wrote: »
    I asked for clarification on how this illegal firearm is suddenly legal and recieved an infraction,
    I questioned this infraction both on thread and via pm to the moderator and have recieved a ban.
    So you asked in-thread about a mod decision, and then questioned the resulting infraction in the thread. There's nothing to see here in relation to these.

In particular what we do not appreciate is threats to Boards.ie. Combine your threat and your demanding attitude (re-read your OP) and you should consider yourself lucky not to have that two-week ban made site-wide.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement