Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New club kit

• 04-02-2015 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all we are a new club ere in ballinasloe and are trying to organise a club kit , met with DMC sports lovely kits santini and spiuk and Seamus was great to chat to and good for ideas on designs etc , full of info , we are a leisure club and just wanted to ask other clubs out there in your experience , will club members pay more for top quality kit or are most happy with middle of the range , and how much is a going rate ( estimate roughy ) for Jersey bibs and gilet ? , cya soon on the roads , thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Hi Alstro,

So for our club when it comes to kit it depends on your members. If you are a new club with a lot of new to cycling members they may well not be too open to paying the extra for better kit. If however you have enough experienced riders who know exactly how much normal fare costs in stores then they'll usually be happy to pay the additional price.

For cycling kit, a mate of mines club use www.owayo.ie and their kit is excellent. The club I'm in use giordana which is class but also other clubs I know that are close by use cappa and spin11. Spin 11 I personally think is the best quality kit I've seen in club circles but that was their top end kit. All of those companies will do various cuts, leisure, race, body suit and all with different padding in the shorts. Price varies pending on what you get.

Personally speaking I'm happy to pay the extra as a season in the cheapest offering while initially seeming great value at €70 for jersey and shorts starts to annoy you as the jersey cut isn't as snug and the padding isn't the best. The current club kit I'm wearing was €120 for shorts and jersey but that's for girodana's top offering. Price comes down a lot when you're ordering 200 sets! Gilet depends on the material but again mine was €30 and it's class. Most of those companies will charge a one off fee in the region of €100 (give or take) to set up the artwork and design for the machines. Any subsequent order runs of kit you don't pay that charge again.

Hope some of that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭furiousox

This fella's based in Trim and supplies club kit.
    His mobile number is on the fb page.

https://www.facebook.com/TheInverseCollection

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

We just got kit done with VeloRevolution and I would highly recommend them. Aidan was great to deal with and very helpful all the way.

In terms of quality I think we got better kit than if we simply bought plain stuff for the same money.

What you pay depends on the kit you select, materials & quantity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

http://www.luccasports.com/

Don't forget Lucca Sports. John has supplied the last fewcboards kit orders and its good kit too. A whole range of Verge kit is available. I have to say I've been very impressed with all the stuff I got.

The 'official' Boards.ie kit supplier :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Luxman

Prepare for the discussion on mandatory mudguards for everyone which helps keep whatever kit clean. Our kit is ok quality and good value but thr bibs did wear a bit over one winter and would recommend getting the higher spec stuff but have a club discussion before ordering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Our club has the VeloRevolution kit too. Quality is OK. The 125 euro softshell lets in the rain after about 30-60 min though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

Take a look at http://www.rocasports.ie they do sportful. Top quality gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

outfox wrote: »
    Our club has the VeloRevolution kit too. Quality is OK. The 125 euro softshell lets in the rain after about 30-60 min though.

That's disappointing to hear. I have one on the way from this supplier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭wav1

Our club uses SPIN11 and have no complaints.The leisure guys use the elite range[approx. 97 for jerseys and shorts and the racers use the elite race range which is about 30% more expensive.From personal experience very few of our leisure members would go for the higher range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

the only kit i've liked was the santini but then when the label on the winter jacket says waterproof and it isnt .....

we used powerhouse sports found the quality very poor.

currently use pactimo but the shorts just dont fit me the expensive ones too long cheaper ones 2 shortdint particularly like the jersey fabrics either. minimum 5 item order.

the real problem with santini is the minimum order of 30 items

but having said all that there are people in the club who liked them all !

the boards verge 3/4 bibs were a bit flappy round the knees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭meercat

The_Sub wrote: »
    We just got kit done with VeloRevolution and I would highly recommend them. Aidan was great to deal with and very helpful all the way.

In terms of quality I think we got better kit than if we simply bought plain stuff for the same money.

What you pay depends on the kit you select, materials & quantity.

Aidan called to our club this evening too(he's still there at 10.15 pm)very professional and dealt with each member individually after going through his vast range if kit. Tried everything out for size and quality. This man knows his stuff. A club order will be going in shortly.obviiusly can't give feedback on long term use yet but delivery times is 8 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭jamesd

We went with velorevolution too, we were €70 for bib shorts and €70 for Jersey. He said he could do cheaper material if needed and I think maybe next time we will try the cheaper kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Andalucia wrote: »

The rain seeping in doesn't matter, cos when wet the jacket still looks absolute bad-ass.
    In fact, all their gear looks and feels great. Watch the seat belt chafing - if you drive to the club spin meeting point like I do, the seat belt can wear the right shoulder area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭joey100

Has anybody used Shadow Brand gear?? Know a few triathlon clubs have used it, think our club is looking at changing supplier too this year and these have come up very competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

alstro wrote: »
    Hi all we are a new club ere in ballinasloe and are trying to organise a club kit , met with DMC sports lovely kits santini and spiuk and Seamus was great to chat to and good for ideas on designs etc , full of info , we are a leisure club and just wanted to ask other clubs out there in your experience , will club members pay more for top quality kit or are most happy with middle of the range , and how much is a going rate ( estimate roughy ) for Jersey bibs and gilet ? , cya soon on the roads , thanks

In our case we went with the middle of the range kit but we found that most if not all of our members after a period of time upgraded to the higher quality kit.
    Some lessons we have to learn the hard way, I would recommend to people to go for the higher quality kit - will save money in the long run ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Andalucia wrote: »

Our club went with velo. Firstly the quality of the gear is excellent. We purchased some winter gear before Christmas which consisted of thermal tights and jacket. The thermal jacket is great but not waterproof. Dont think he claims it to be waterproof tho. Keeps you warm on the coldest of days. I was out for spin in -3 and snow and it kept me warm. I got a hydra(gabba) off him too. Find this excellent too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Craig06

We have been using Velo Revolution gear for a year now and it wears very well. Great quality and very comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SOR2010

Our club is using Spin11 find them great we use the Elite Race range which is €110 for Jersey & Bib shorts,
    Rain Jackets are €84 - so far seem very good
    Winter Jackets €120 - thermal & water proof

Everyone seems very happy with them and they are great to deal with

Advertisement