Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant confusion

Options
  • 04-02-2015 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

I am applying to go back to college starting September coming (2015).
    I will be going in as a mature student.

I have already filled and sent away my cao form in November.

I'm just confused regarding grants, none of the websites have any info for this year and next (so 2015/2016 semester)
    Have I missed a deadline? Or when does grant application usually begin? I have never applied for a grant before and honestly don't even know where to look for advice regarding it.

All the websites that I'm directed to (student finance.ie and Susi) have no mention for next year they only talk about 2014?

Can anyone help? I don't want to miss out on grand application, And I can't find any helpful info.

Would it be weird of me to go to a secondary school guidance counsellor I have absolutely no idea what I've to do :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Last year grant applications opened the end of the first week in May so I'd start checking the grantsonline site about the start of May/ end of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Last year grant applications opened the end of the first week in May so I'd start checking the grantsonline site about the start of May/ end of April.

Ok perfect than you!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JoeR91

I am applying to go back to college starting September coming (2015).
    I will be going in as a mature student.

I have already filled and sent away my cao form in November.

I'm just confused regarding grants, none of the websites have any info for this year and next (so 2015/2016 semester)
    Have I missed a deadline? Or when does grant application usually begin? I have never applied for a grant before and honestly don't even know where to look for advice regarding it.

All the websites that I'm directed to (student finance.ie and Susi) have no mention for next year they only talk about 2014?

Can anyone help? I don't want to miss out on grand application, And I can't find any helpful info.

Would it be weird of me to go to a secondary school guidance counsellor I have absolutely no idea what I've to do :rolleyes:

SUSI opens in may you haven't missed any deadlines so don't worry :) heading back as mature myself to maynooth

JoeR91 wrote: »
    SUSI opens in may you haven't missed any deadlines so don't worry :) heading back as mature myself to maynooth

Oh perfect I'm such a worriers! Never applied fro a grant before and was scared I had missed the deadline! Thank you! Maynooth is a great university! Great student life and lovely campus! I'm hoping to go to athlone to do veterinary nursing!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JoeR91

Oh perfect I'm such a worriers! Never applied fro a grant before and was scared I had missed the deadline! Thank you! Maynooth is a great university! Great student life and lovely campus! I'm hoping to go to athlone to do veterinary nursing!

If ya need help when you do need to apply just pm cause it can be confusing ha best luck getting into college

• Advertisement

JoeR91 wrote: »
    If ya need help when you do need to apply just pm cause it can be confusing ha best luck getting into college

Thank you very much! I'll be using this forum a lot more often!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you still live near where you went to school, I would be very surprised if the school guidance counsellor had a problem with you making an appointment to have a chat. I know the guy in our school regularly has past pupils come in for advice.

spurious wrote: »
    If you still live near where you went to school, I would be very surprised if the school guidance counsellor had a problem with you making an appointment to have a chat. I know the guy in our school regularly has past pupils come in for advice.

My parents are still in the same town where I went to school, I might do that actually, as they will have info for me that a college may be unable to give due to procedures. Schools have no loyalty to a specific college so it'll be a good way to get unbiased info.

Advertisement