Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probate and LPT

Options
  • 04-02-2015 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

My Mum passed away late last year and I am the executor of her estate. My question is: Is there now a liability for LPT and if so who is the liable person?

As far as I’m aware, she was paying the LPT over the year by DD so it was paid up until she died and the bank accounts were frozen. The house in question is now in probate so is there a liability since the date of her death ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

My Mum passed away late last year and I am the executor of her estate. My question is: Is there now a liability for LPT and if so who is the liable person?

As far as I’m aware, she was paying the LPT over the year by DD so it was paid up until she died and the bank accounts were frozen. The house in question is now in probate so is there a liability since the date of her death ??

The liability date for 2015 LPT was 1st November 2014, so if she died after that, I'd imagine her estate is liable. If she died before that, but the house was in probate on the liability date, I presume the executor discharges it if the house is being sold and proceeds distributed. If house being left to a single person, perhaps that beneficiary is liable.

Ring the LPT team in Revenue for advice, and ask your solicitor also.

Advertisement