Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here living in Barcelona?

Options
  • 04-02-2015 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone here living in Barcelona?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

I did for years, still have family there and free-lance for a startup based there a long with visiting around 6 weeks out of every year for my own job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

know any good recruiters in i.t there worth trying? PM me if you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

TalentSearchPeople
    Infojobs

Just one tip....for proper job searches...you need to be there. Phone/skype interview are not the done thing, even for english speaking roles. Companies have a huge pool of english speakers in Barcelona to hire from - they are 100 more likely to hire someone that can start ASAP than someone who has to move down, get their NIE/Seguridad Social sorted out.

You also need to be careful what you apply for. There are a number of boiler rooms in operation in Barcelona, so usually if something sounds too good to be true, it usually it.

Salaries sit around 30000 for most IT roles, sometimes a little more. Nowadays, that will give you an OK standard of living - not rich and certainly not poor.

Advertisement