Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Ants HD IP Camera (Dropcam Clone) for less then €30

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

eamonnq wrote: »
    Anybody got a link to the Mi Home apk that works ?
    I've been looking for you but I can't find it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I took the apk from my phone, link below. It works fine but I never updated my camera firmware so that could be your problem if it's the same version apk. I might have an older apk version saved too if you need that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwxeNzi8S5RmZEU5cjVHZjdPOEE/view?usp=drivesdk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Keith186 wrote: »
    I took the apk from my phone, link below. It works fine but I never updated my camera firmware so that could be your problem if it's the same version apk. I might have an older apk version saved too if you need that.

Thanks for that, will give it a go. That is the Yi Home apk, but there is a Mi Home one (that used to work for me), but I think I should be able to put on 'old' firmware on the camera and give it a go.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Anyone know what threee details need to be entered into yi app registration? My Mandarin isnt the best.

Anyone know what threee details need to be entered into yi app registration? My Mandarin isnt the best.

I think you register your account on the website first and then just use the login details for the app.

https://account.xiaomi.com/pass/register

eamonnq wrote: »
    I think you register your account on the website first and then just use the login details for the app.

https://account.xiaomi.com/pass/register

cheers, yeah, registered with miu account, seems to be stuck on pairing now, wont do it

got it up and running, do people recommend against updating to latest firmware?

Not me.

Also you said you are using a YI app. Which Yi app, Yi Home or Yi Cam?

iba wrote: »
    Not me.

Using yi home, it worked briefly and to my surprise uttered its first English words "This camera can only be used within China" :). Any ideas? Thanks

I used to, but I think if you have it working now, leave it alone!!!

Had mine working fine but updated firmware and haven't gotten in back in action (yet!!).

• Advertisement

Not me.

Using yi home, it worked briefly and to my surprise uttered its first English words "This camera can only be used within China" :). Any ideas? Thanks
    Is your camera the Chinese version or non-Chinese version. If it is the Chinese version (which it sounds like it is) you may have to go to the Xiaomi forums to find the right app.

Not me.

Is your camera the Chinese version or non-Chinese version. If it is the Chinese version (which it sounds like it is) you may have to go to the Xiaomi forums to find the right app.

Yea its chinese, im just reverting back to old firmware now. I am using the chinese yi home app too

Seems to be WiFi issue perhaps with router kr signal strength. Ive only recently upgraded to 4g with a basic huawei router. Prob need one with a stronger signal strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

Anyone elses camera not connecting through the app lately

bazery wrote: »
    Anyone elses camera not connecting through the app lately
    Which app?

Mine works with Mi Home and Yi Camera but not working through Yi Home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

Just tried mine via the Yi Home app, it's working fine. Didn't realise there were two others you could use!

I've Yi Home and it stopped working for about a week or two. Tried again to see what the error message was and it's back working somehow.

It previously said something like can't connect to network.

opus wrote: »
    Just tried mine via the Yi Home app, it's working fine. Didn't realise there were two others you could use!
    Yeah. I find it all very confusing.
    When I use YI Home it connects but all I see is a black screen/image/picture/feed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭Pique

Sorry to butt in. Where can you still get these camera with night vision? Everywhere I look they're all sold out.
    Other suggestions would be welcome for a home security use (inside upstairs window).

Pique wrote: »
    Sorry to butt in. Where can you still get these camera with night vision? Everywhere I look they're all sold out.
    Other suggestions would be welcome for a home security use (inside upstairs window).

Last time I checked they were gone up to about $50, maybe sold out now?

I got night vision one for inside the window but the infra red lights reflect back and it's hard to see anything so it's not really suitable for night time.
    Probably better off with non night vision and leave outside light on.

EDIT: link below for seller I used. It's $50 but it's for the international version so it'd probably be less hassle than the Chinese version.

[International Edition] Xiaomi Yi Smart Camera, Xiaoyi ants Home Webcam IP camera wifi wireless camaras cctv cam Night Vision
    http://s.aliexpress.com/6b22qYZn
    (from AliExpress Android)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BluePaddy

Pique wrote: »

This [URL=""]Sircam SP009[/URL] looks very similar and is only $21.97, so below the important customs limit.

I take it for security reasons this camera will not connect to an open WiFi network. Tried there and it wont let me leave password box blank. I have an open network with two routers working fine so not adding password in a rural area for this dud, will make a grand paperweight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

I take it for security reasons this camera will not connect to an open WiFi network. Tried there and it wont let me leave password box blank. I have an open network with two routers working fine so not adding password in a rural area for this dud, will make a grand paperweight.

Sounds more like you dont no how to setup your network with passwords correctly so you took them off, and being in a rural area no doubt youre on ****ty broadband with data restrictions, you are asking for a nice few hundred euro to be added to your bill by someone

What app or apps are you guys using to access the cam at the moment?

I have the Chinese version and when I use the Yi Home app (s/w 1.8.6.1R_201611191201) all I get is a pitch black screen even though the cam and app. connect 100%.  Anyone else ever get this/know why i have this?
    And when I try to connect to the cam through the Mi Home app (s/w 3.10.6) I just can't connect at all - hangs on 5%.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Etnies wrote: »
    Sounds more like you dont no how to setup your network with passwords correctly so you took them off, and being in a rural area no doubt youre on ****ty broadband with data restrictions, you are asking for a nice few hundred euro to be added to your bill by someone

Network works with or without password protection, left it off for ease of use for others and for general troubleshooting. Your smug response already contradicts itself, how could one possibly add a nice few hundred euro onto a "****ty broadband with data restrictions"? For your information Im averaging 10-15mb on 4G with Three(fair usage after 60gb) and for any unscrupulous net robber( endemic out here in the shticks) were to avail of this they would have to be on the property, again another reason for no password. Thanks anyway for your invaluable input.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

Sorry for dragging up this post but none of the apks are working for me. Won't let me login etc. Anyone using a working app.? Had it working on a yi camera app last year

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Roark

Network works with or without password protection, left it off for ease of use for others and for general troubleshooting. Your smug response already contradicts itself, how could one possibly add a nice few hundred euro onto a "****ty broadband with data restrictions"? For your information Im averaging 10-15mb on 4G with Three(fair usage after 60gb) and for any unscrupulous net robber( endemic out here in the shticks) were to avail of this they would have to be on the property, again another reason for no password. Thanks anyway for your invaluable input.

Bit late and dragging the thread off topic but your ignorance here is putting you in danger. They don't have to be on the property. They only have to have an antenna capable of receiving your wireless signal. Not likely where you live as you say but not impossible. Also, a bill is the least of your worries. If someone uses your connection to download illegal content you could liable for it.

bonkers wrote: »
    Sorry for dragging up this post but none of the apks are working for me. Won't let me login etc. Anyone using a working app.? Had it working on a yi camera app last year

This is the latest firmware that will work on the camera over here without a workaround - 1.8.51 L 201510301024.

Here's a link below to the apk that I use. One you have it working don't update anything!

Is firmware update of camera advised against?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

Anyone got one of these they aren't using? I'd be interested.

Advertisement